IGNORED

Atari Anninersary Edition

sdstuff64

I just got this game for Dreamcast.I saw it and it was only $10,had 12 games and came with a free sticker so I said what the hell.I liek it!Sure some of the games are weird playing with the dc controller,but for the most part it's good!There is also a bunch of noteworthy stuff,like many pics and even some pics of the original 2600 boxes!

For $10 you really can't go wrong with this! :D :ponder: :)

I've got the PSX version, and I agree with you, it's an outstanding budget title (granted, most of this stuff had already been put together for the PC version, but it has games there were not on the previous Arcade's Greatest Hits Atari volumes, so I'll take it).

I especially like the ability to turn off the border/"cabinet" art during play. It's quite annoying in places.

It's funny because all the different versions of it (PSX, DC, and PC) all have different features and have a little something the other doesn't. For example, I think the psx one has Black Widow, the PC one has "enhanced" versions w/ new backgrounds, color vectors in Battlezone, and better graphics in Crystal Castles etc.

I have this on the PC (Atari Anniversary Edition), PlayStation (Atari Anniversary Edition Redux), and Game Boy Advance (Atari Anniversary Advance). As NE146 said, they're all worth having because of all of the differences.

Obviously, the PC has the highest screen resolution and best quality of emulation, so that would be my choice if I could only pick one version. It also has the nifty desktop themes (wallpaper, screen savers, system sounds, fonts, etc.) as JagHammer pointed out.

The PSX has better controls on some of the games (particularly Battlezone), and includes Black Widow and Space Duel (replacing Crystal Castles and Millipede from the PC/Dreamcast versions). To answer JagHammer's question about the videos (interviews with Nolan Bushnell), yes, the PSX has them.

The emulation quality on the GBA isn't as good as the other versions (mostly due to limited screen resolution), and only has half the games, but it is great for taking Atari arcade action on the go. :) Plus, it has the exclusive Atari Trivia Challenge game as an added bonus.

I haven't played the Dreamcast version, but now that I finally have a Dreamcast (just got it a week and a half ago), I might have to track that version down, too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
some of the games are weird playing with the dc controller

Many of the games, Centipede, Pong, and Missle Command, for example, play much better with the DC mouse. I use a hardbound book on my lap as a mousepad. The mouse came from Game Stop for less than $10.

The Atari Anniversary Edition is among my favorite Dreamcast titles, and not just because I work part-time for Digital Eclipse.