IGNORED

Cant wait for Cypher to arrive!

Fretwobbler

After taking a (jealous!) look at the brilliant artwork flooding in for Mental Combat it prompted me to take a look at the in-development section for the first time.

Cypher! Theres no doubt in my mind that game is going to be utterly btilliant, I especially like the genre and I cant wait to get my hands on a ROM of that! I really hope its going to pose a good (but gradual) challenge in terms of difficulty too, hopefully it will keep me going longer than Rubik's Cube did as a child (the real thing, not the Atari game)

Any news on when that will be finished?

Thanks for the kind words, I'm blushing (at least I think I am, or I have to see a doctor immediately!). Cypher should be ready to go for the CGE in 2002, I wanted to have it done in time for the Philly Classic but I ran into a programming block and got busy with work so meeting that deadline is looking slim.

I'll probably make a special CGE edition, but I'll also sell copies afterward so there will be plenty for everyone. I don't want people killing each other to get a copy of my game (although that does have it's own sick appeal...)

At the moment Cypher is only about 30% finished, but once I get the square randomization routine working I think the game will progress rather quickly. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my progress.

If you have any questions or comments about Cypher please feel free to e-mail me. I always like to hear form the people who are actually going to play it.

Tempest

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

I am also looking forward to Cypher's arrival on the 5200 scene. I greatly enjoy puzzle games, and this one also has an action element that pits you gainst the MCP. I'm eager to see how this evolves (have you given this much thought yet, Matt?) For anyone reading this who hasn't done so, you should check out the Cypher Development Page for more details.

..Al

The plan at the moment (which will probably change before I'm done) is to have you try and destroy the MCP Arkanoid style. You'll have a paddle and a ball and try to hit the MCP with it. To make it harder there will be two walls that you'll have to break through and they'll rotate like the shield does in Yar's Revenge. Of course the MCP will be shooting at you the whole time...

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

The plan at the moment (which will probably change before I'm done) is to have you try and destroy the MCP Arkanoid style. You'll have a paddle and a ball and try to hit the MCP with it. To make it harder there will be two walls that you'll have to break through and they'll rotate like the shield does in Yar's Revenge. Of course the MCP will be shooting at you the whole time...

Sounds pretty cool, I've always been a fan of Breakout-style games like Arkanoid. Wonder how easy it'll be to play with the stock 5200 controllers, though. I don't know if I've ever played Super Breakout with them.

..Al

I didn't realise there would be a Breakout style section as well. Bonus....however I dont currently own a 5200 and I hate using an emulator that mimicks paddles with keystrokes.

Ah well I'll just have to buy a 5200 and pre-order one of the first run of carts

Searching ebay right this moment. They dont often come up on ebayuk so dont worry about rushing the game Tempest, i'll let you know when ive got one so you can release it

Adam