IGNORED

Reboot's ProjectOne Unveiled

Mr Morden

I downloaded the avi file but Windows Media Player couldn't play it for some reason. Anyway, the screenshots look great! I think it's great that you'll be releasing the sources at some point. I'm excited.

tjb

Edited by tjb

I downloaded the avi file but Windows Media Player couldn't play it for some reason. Anyway, the screenshots look great! I think it's great that you'll be releasing the sources at some point. I'm excited.

tjb

Thanks! It's DIVX6 codec, so I guess you need to upgrade :)

And let me say that the pics and video do no justice to the incredible smoothness of it running on real hardware. :cool:

I got that feeling as well - you'll have to make a remo reallife remix video :P

It looks nice!

I tried to visit the link in your post but the service is not available. :(

Edit: Nevermind, I was finally able to connect to the website. Do you plan on releasing a cartridge version? Please say you will! :)

Edited by STGuy1040

Good work. I know this is very early but for me the enemy bullets were a bit hard to see in some situations. Could just be the quality of my monitor so please don't think I'm picking faults.

Edited by im_reg

I also thought the 'bullets' were faint and hard to see against the starry background - but it's just a video.

I might suggest cycling the intensity of the hue used for the various bullets so that they flicker against the background..?

• 1 month later...

If I may nitpick, I would suggest to move the more coloured, galaxy-filled layer on the background and move it slower than the current almost-star-only deep layer, while getting another front-layer with sparse stars moving quicker.

Also, I can't imagine what's going on with the collision detection active on the player sprite! I hope we will have some shields :-D

I love it. True ST shooter on steroids.

did I say I love it?

Edited by Paolo

Its a real shame nobody from Jagware or Reboot has chosen to come to Jagfest as it would have been really good to have seen your latest work and it would have got you all some excellent publicity in Retro Gamer magazine :(

There are 3 members in Reboot active on jaguar, I'm the only one who lives within 2000 miles of Jagfest & I'm returning from holiday on that Saturday. I did plan on going with the latest Beta (or even a level 1 release, it should be done by then) but then realised the dates clashed. :/ Maybe we'll still have a release for that date, I know someone who is going so maybe we can still send something along with him.