IGNORED

just got an atari lynx...

panda

well i just got an atari lynx, its in really good condition, and it had the game "checkered flag" in it. i tested it out, but after a little while, the pixels scramble up and all i can hear is the sound effects. the title screen of the game is fine, and then when it comes to choosing racing tracks, it just scrambles up. i have tried cleaning the cartridge and cleaning the slot on the lynx, but still nothing. i dont know whether i should buy another game and see if it works or not.

please help!

Edited by panda

I've had a few Lynx's over the years with hardware problems....it could be the Lynx. Clearly the best way to test it is to try another game.

Based on what you are describing, there could be a circuit in the Lynx that is failing once it starts to warm up.

I agree. I suspect the fault is more likely with the system - but it could be a crapped out cart. It could also be the contacts are oxidized or dusty - have you tried cleaning them? (They're hard to reach, I know)

The only way to be sure is to try another game, so I suggest you pick up a really cheap common from eBay or CTCW to do some testing.

• 1 month later...