IGNORED

Are these Best Electronics "protos", or are they legit?

MrMark0673

Hi guys,

I purchased these protos from Ianoid a few months back, but I'm trying to move my focus to NES protos exclusively. Before purchasing, I asked specifically if they were best electronics "protos" as I had no interest in them whatsoever. Are these legit? I'd like to think I wasn't completely ripped off as I asked specific questions ahead of time, could someone please let me know one way or another? Thanks!

100_1453.jpg

Looney Toon Hotel:

100_1454.jpg

Meebzork:

100_1455.jpg

Millipede:

100_1456.jpg

I promptly covered the exposed EPROM windows after snapping the photos. Any way that I can tell if they're legit or not? Be pretty pissed off if I got ripped off by a respected member, so I hope that isn't the case...

Edited by MrMark0673

I was about to trade these for some NES protos and I decided to do a price check over on DP. I was basically told that if they were BE "protos" I was looking at about $20 a pop. Not calling Ian out, but I did ask him ahead of time if these were BE "protos" before purchasing. If I get confirmation that they're legit protos, I couldn't be happier. Shit, it's free positive PR for Ian as another good transaction.

I mention Ian as a point of reference, as in it's a respected member and not just some scam and burn type member. I'm guessing with his cred that these are legit, but some people are making me think otherwise. With that being said, what is your take? Best "protos", or legit protos?

While I don't believe I've personally dealt with Ianoid, I have talked with him a few times.

I like to think he's an alright guy: having been a member here since 2001, still an active member, with a good amount of posts.

Ian is a very good guy to deal with, apparently I chose my words very poorly in my opening post. What I should have said was...

I've had several positive dealings with Ianoid and assume that these are legit protos based on his description. I've been asked by several people if these were BE protos, and I would hope that wasn't the case as Ian is a respected member and I don't think he would rip anyone off.

This wasn't to bash Ianoid at all, the guy has always been very cool in my book. I just have a deal pending with someone to trade these and I want to make sure they're exactly what I've been advertising them as, that's all.

Thanks for the help all, if anyone has any more info, let me know!

Why hasn't Tempest Chimed in, he is the expert. :ponder:

Because Tempest has to sleep some time. :)

Those are legit. My best guess is that they were personal copies made by someone at Atari as those are 'non standard' labels. Just because the eproms don't have covers on them doesn't mean anything. Lots of protos never had them.

Ian is 100% trustworthy.

Tempest

Why hasn't Tempest Chimed in, he is the expert. :ponder:

Because Tempest has to sleep some time. :)

Those are legit. My best guess is that they were personal copies made by someone at Atari as those are 'non standard' labels. Just because the eproms don't have covers on them doesn't mean anything. Lots of protos never had them.

Ian is 100% trustworthy.

Tempest

Well that settles that, thanks Tempest!

Ian is the man, hooked me up with a very fair deal and I'm glad to know that these are indeed legit protos.

the fact that Best has sold their 5200 rares, does that mean brad is clearing out his other rare's (including the A8 stuff...that 1450 certainly does look enticing)

Try reading the responses again. Specifically post number one. :P

Allan