IGNORED

looking for one of the first atari games - maybe an impossible task

Capacitor

way back I think just before the atari 800 came out,

we were playing a game on the atari 400 (and later on the 800 after it came out)

the game was a dungeon quest type game, the graphics were real bad,

your "character" if I can remember correctly was basically a "smiley face" carrying a "bow"

and you shot "arrows"

I don't remember much of it, it's been so long, I have a sort of rough picture of it in my head,

but can't remember it well enough.

I thought it was dungeon, quest, cavern, something like that,

but every game I've looked at on the atari games archives sites doesn't look anything like the one I played.

it had to be a really early game, like I said around the time the 800 came out or so.

I've asked a few people, and they remember playing it as well, but can't think of the name.

does anyone know the name or where I could find it?

Guitarman yeah that's definitely not it.

Goochman got it

is it permitted to ask where i can find a rom of it?

that was my first and favorite game.

There is no ROM that game never came out for the 8bit... if it did, I have no idea how I missed it back in the day being a fan of the game. There was another adventure game for the 8bit with a smiley face for a character sprite, I think it was a type in magazine game. I can't think of the name.

There was another Venture-type game released for the 400/800 that would be in the time period mentioned. "Fortune Hunter" by Romox. It also had some of the worst graphics that I had seen at the time. I used to play Venture (and Turbo) on the Coleco with my daughter for hours, and I suppose the resolution of the Coleco Venture spoiled me.

-Larry

There was another Venture-type game released for the 400/800 that would be in the time period mentioned. "Fortune Hunter" by Romox. It also had some of the worst graphics that I had seen at the time. I used to play Venture (and Turbo) on the Coleco with my daughter for hours, and I suppose the resolution of the Coleco Venture spoiled me.

-Larry

OK, here's a trivia question (no fair looking it up) -- what was the name of the main character in Venture?

-Larry

Heaven, see, here's the problem, "Dandy Dungeon" and the other Dandy linked by Guitarman definitely NOT the one.

however, the one shown by Goochman definitely was the right one.

cept I can't find that "disk image" (rom for lack of better term)

theres the fortune west, but the one at atarimania, while close, isn't quite right either.

there is another one, but no image.

the one I want is the one pictured from Goochmans post.

it'd be real said if the disk images for all these have been totally lost.

on the "C" side we have "arnold" which has everything ever released (practically) - atarimania comes close, but I would hope nearly everything could be recovered somehow.

Guitarman yeah that's definitely not it.

Goochman got it

is it permitted to ask where i can find a rom of it?

that was my first and favorite game.

Venture was a fun game. I played it first in the arcade, and then the ColecoVision, and then I had to use my imagination but enjoyed the 2600 version. ;)

well that's what it looked like, and it was on the atari 800, and possibly on the 400, though I don't remember perfectly.

we played that game every day,

maybe it was Dandy (not dandy dungeon) or something.

it thought it was cartdige. but it wasnt 2600.

i'm pretty sure it was single player.

its been a very long time. it may be the first "real" computer game I ever played (after mainframe stuff)