IGNORED

wait, do you need to be online to play full live games?

kisrael

Huh... my wifi adapter was acting up (like it does alot)

and my buddy couldn't play the unlocked version of PacMan CE-

then I fiddled with the adapter 'til it worked, and then PacMan CE was unlocked--

is that the way it's supposed to work?

What do I do if I take my 360 somewhere where there is no WiFi?

Your not playing on the 360 the game was originally purchased on, which is why you have to be logged into Xbox Live to play.

Use the license transfer utility at the Xbox website to transfer your licenses for your DLC to your current console, then you'll be able to play offline.

Your not playing on the 360 the game was originally purchased on, which is why you have to be logged into Xbox Live to play.

Use the license transfer utility at the Xbox website to transfer your licenses for your DLC to your current console, then you'll be able to play offline.

What he said.

But here's your link :) http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...censemigration/

You can only use that license transfer once a year.

If you need it more than that, you can call MS and they will do it, but it takes like 1-4 days.

They need to come up with a better system if you ask me.

You should be able to have your license on multiple units. You paid FULL price for their console, you should get full benefits, even if (especially if) you bought more than one system.

Edited by moycon

You can only use that license transfer once a year.

If you need it more than that, you can call MS and they will do it, but it takes like 1-4 days.

They need to come up with a better system if you ask me.

You should be able to have your license on multiple units. You paid FULL price for their console, you should get full benefits, even if (especially if) you bought more than one system.

Yeah, but you gotta admit, that if you bought a hard copy, you'd only be able to play it on one console :P I figure that's how they look at it, but they do need a better transfer method.

LOL Imagine the piracy if people could put the games on multiple systems. Then X-box truly fwould be just another computer.

LOL Imagine the piracy if people could put the games on multiple systems. Then X-box truly would be just another computer.

Seems like it would be fairly easy to buy a second Xbox 360, register a second console with Live using it's unique Serial number AND console ID, provide proof of purchase, then tie all your purchased content to that device as well as your first device even if you weren't connected to Live. Heck they could probably even charge $20 to do this and I'd pay it. Obviously the way you'd combat abuse was to cap the license tie to 2 or 3 consoles. I agree it's not perfect and some piracy would exist, but if you made it a bit of a chore to set up and charged a little bit, I don't think the piracy would be outrageous.

Also I didn't really understand your first statement. If I buy a hard copy of a game, I can play it on any one of millions of consoles the game was made for regardless if I am online or not. My copy of Deus Ex works just fine on my living room PS3 and it does in my spare bedroom PS2! ;)

Edited by moycon