IGNORED

Ralph Baer interview at Retromags

I have posted an interview with Ralph Baer on Retromags.com for those interested in reading it. I will put some of the interview here for those interested:

First of all, for those that don't know who Ralph Baer is, he is The Father of Video Games. Check out his website and see what he has done in his life. Mr. Baer is an accomplished inventor, author and even a diplomat of sorts (had he not pioneered gaming like he did do you really think that Alexey Pajitnov would have created Tetris?). It truly is an honor to have been given an audience with a man of Mr. Baer's respected position in history. He was born in 1922 in south-western Germany, came to the US in 1938 with his parents and syster through Holland and in 1940 graduated from National Radio Institute (NRI) with a diploma for radio service technician. Just to warm you up for some of the stuff he has done, he created Simon (remember that? It is still selling going on 30 years after it was first released), created the precursor to the Philips CD-I technology, way back in 1978 (a good 10 years before Philips ran with it and fell in the marketplace with it) and in 2005, he donated all of his original videogame systems and some 500+ a few pages to the Smithsonian Institution. On February 13th, 2006 George W. Bush presented Mr. Baer with the National Medal of Technology at the White House (it was for groundbreaking and pioneering creation, development and commercialization of video games).

On with the interview:

• 1 month later...