IGNORED

Atari party last night...

lhfreak

Another yearly atari party last night went well.....Lots o beer, chicken wings, mozz sticks and of course....games galore....2600, C64, Amiga 2000, colecovision (ADAM), all the little mattel electronic sports games, Merlin, Split Second, Dark Tower, Stop Thief, and Lost Treasure. Best part of the evening....Playing 4 player decathalon (2600) with my brothers (I'm gettin old....cant get the meter up where I once used to....), while at the same time watching others play Blood Money on the amiga, and M.U.L.E. on the C64....My living room sounded like an arcade circa '84! Well worth the hangover I am experiencing now.... :wink:

Let's just hope all your controllers aren't all greased up now from people eating mozz sticks and chicken wings then playing games. I also hope nobody spilled beer in any controllers or on any of the game systems. But other than that it sounds like it was pretty fun

My friends and I would take turns hosting parties like this(minus the beer) back in 80-83. We'd all bring an Atari, a TV, and our carts to one guy's house and have a blast! I would love to return to those days. Now I have enough Atari's, TV's and games to go all around, but no one ever comes over. :? :ponder: :?: I guess this is what happens when you forget to get married!!!!!! :D :D :idea:

Hmmm.... that reminds me of a kinda funny story (the ancient 31 year old started)...

New Years Eve 94? (us old timers aren't so good with dates anymore). Me, my buddy and our girlfriends wailing on Sega Genesis, Sega CD (man do the girls ever like Sonic CD!) and of course Atari. A great time is had by all!

Next morning... I kick all of them out, pop Silpheed into my top-loading Sega CD. Hit the power. Hear the CD spin up. Hear the CD spin up faster and faster and faster untill the whole unit is viabrating on my coffee table! A "wrong" feeling penetrates my violent hangover. I press "eject" on the CD. Thank God I wasn't in the line of the CD that flew out of the drive and shattered against the wall 10 feet away!!!!!!!! It was truly a close call.

Then I vaugley remember the night before... My buddy...My buddy spilling his Rye & Coke all over my pristine Sega CD system. Yeah that killed it allright, but hey, they guy remembered too and paid the $75 to get it fixed! Then got married and denied I exsisted.

The moral of this story?

I can't remember the names of our girlfriends at the time but Sega is forever!

As Always,

Markimus of K.