IGNORED

NTSC 7800 query

GroovyBee

I rely on the ProSystem emulator and my PAL machine for testing games during development. However due to the difference in frame rate between PAL (@50Hz) and NTSC (@60Hz) I need to do some testing on an NTSC machine for Apple Snaffle. I don't have an NTSC machine at the moment so I'm wondering how it connects to the TV before I buy one. In the UK its just a straight forward single coax connection. I already have a TV that can decode PAL and NTSC signals so thats not an issue. Could people who own a PAL and an NTSC version of the console point me in the right direction?

I'm also looking for just the 7800 unit, no power supply, joysticks or games. How much should I expect to pay for that?

I rely on the ProSystem emulator and my PAL machine for testing games during development. However due to the difference in frame rate between PAL (@50Hz) and NTSC (@60Hz) I need to do some testing on an NTSC machine for Apple Snaffle. I don't have an NTSC machine at the moment so I'm wondering how it connects to the TV before I buy one. In the UK its just a straight forward single coax connection. I already have a TV that can decode PAL and NTSC signals so thats not an issue. Could people who own a PAL and an NTSC version of the console point me in the right direction?

I'm also looking for just the 7800 unit, no power supply, joysticks or games. How much should I expect to pay for that?

It's just an RCA type RF connector. I'll try to find a picture.

The connector looks something like the gold connector in the picture except it's black and silver.

Allan

post-187-1247586385_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allan

I have an S-video modded NTSC 7800 here, easiest way to sort out that RF issue really. Most TVs here in the UK DO NOT process NTSC through RF I should note, so this connection is going to be likely useless, hence the video mod.

I have an S-video modded NTSC 7800 here, easiest way to sort out that RF issue really. Most TVs here in the UK DO NOT process NTSC through RF I should note, so this connection is going to be likely useless, hence the video mod.

Thanks for that. I've a 7800 here thats part way through an S-Video mod. Just need to get it completed, I took the whole RF box out so theres no going back now :lol:. I've enough parts to do a few 7800s so modding the NTSC machine shouldn't be a problem.

@Allan: Thanks for the help too.