IGNORED

Jaguar emulation at last!

patters98

I think the only ROMs that will run at all are T2K and possibly Flashback and Cannon Fodder since there are screenshots on the site.

I wonder how much these people depended on RealityMan's Jagulator source? It's kind of coincidental that his emu only ran Flashback's intro...

I think the only ROMs that will run at all are T2K and possibly Flashback and Cannon Fodder since there are screenshots on the site.

Cannon Fodder definitely works as does Flashback. Don't know about Tempest 2000 since I have it in .bin format and the emulator requires download and start addresses.

I'll have to try out some other ROMs to see what happens. :wink:

T2K runs - I have it. I can't get the "Boot from boot ROM" option to work though. I'm using jagboot.rom from the Jagulator site. It just says cannot open boot ROM each time.

I don't think this is working quite yet. I also have the Jagulator version and I just download a copy from the binaries.misc newsgroup and that one doesn't work either.

:? still does the same error mentioned.

Dan@AVC

well, that direct draw error you got made me think that your Direct X may not be installed properly on your computer or that your video card isn't using the most current drivers.

What OS are you running and what video card are you using? It might not hurt to reinstall/upgrade DirectX 8.x

I'm running under xp

and I think direct x is not availble for xp systems.

:(

Dan@AVC

XP definetely has directX, you might be thinking of Win NT 4 and below which didn't used to have the most current versions of it. This page: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/ says that XP comes with directx 8.1 so you shouldn't have to reinstall it.

Maybe check out what kind of video card you have and update its drivers so that it's running full directx 8 support. At the least, run Windows Update, it often finds video/multimedia drivers for you.

I still can't get to work.  

I unzipped and I tried to run it

I get an error saying direct draw intitalzation failed every time.

Dan Iacovelli

I'm getting the same error on my Win98 system with built-in graphic.

I already upgraded it from DirectX 8.0a to 8.1 without success :(

Will check it on my other PCs later.

Matthias

Update:

On a P4 1,8 GHz with WindowsXp the program starts, but never saves settings. I was once able to load the BJL-BOOT-ROM and to start

the built in Jagmania-demo. But only the first screen appeared,

after this i'm getting "Error 0000 at location 00000000" all the time.

Regards

Matthias

This should be really good for the Jag scene, more people using

the emulator should increase demand for future, homebrew games

on Jag, as I would expect some percentage of the emulator users to

grow into wanting to own the real thing.

I checked out his counter this morning at 10000 visitors and then within

minutes it was up to 10025, I didnt know that there were that many of us.

For people that are getting the direct draw errors you might want to try downloading and installing the latest video drivers for your video card. This is not direct X, go to the manufacturer of your video cards website and download and install the latest drivers. Try again. Hope this helps.

So, I tried Tempest 2000 on my work machine (A PIII 1Ghz) and it was playable at half speed. Tres cool. So, when I go home to my Athlon XP 2000 should I be able to play full speed?

I only get about 25-30 frames per second in T2K on my Athlon XP 1700, so I don't think you'll get close to full speed on yours either. But this is like an alpha release so it can only get better. Right now I think T2K and Raiden are the most compatible games, T2k is slow with several graphical glithes and omissions but Raiden is around 40 fps and looks good. I think Raiden is probably the easiest to get up to speed because almost half the screen is taken up by the ugly scoring display.