IGNORED

Modern 360 games that are good in short bursts

Atarifever

What about Galega? Tetris? . . .

Are you on drugs? Galaga? Games like Galaga are replayable. And Tetris? Tetris? How many times do I have to post this before some of you geniuses finally get it:

http://www.randomterrain.com/game-design-r...layability.html

I'm glad Tetris wasn't created like so many other games because the blocks would always fall in the same order and you wouldn't be able to turn them. There would be only one way you could finish a level and you'd have to play it over and over again until you got it right.

~Duane Alan Hahn

In case you still don't get it, Tetris is replayable too. I say video games would be better by being more replayable like games have always been from card games to dice games to chess to all kinds of board games people used to play before so many toilet paper and static action puzzle games took over people's lives and warped their minds. As I said before to Atarifever, let's just drop it and let the thread get back on target. You barely even understand what you are talking about, so it would be pointless to continue.

??!? Dude what the fuck? I was using those as an example of a game that's replayable, even though nothing really changes (so the blocks are randomish in tetris, you still just clear lines, so you can kill the space ships differently, they still come out in the same order on galaga. It wasn't (intended to be) a diss against those games, their some of my faves, just saying, you don't have to be able to do a bunch of 'other' stuff in order for the game to be replayable.

Probably just a misunderstanding though so :P

??!? Dude what the fuck? I was using those as an example of a game that's replayable, even though nothing really changes (so the blocks are randomish in tetris, you still just clear lines, so you can kill the space ships differently, they still come out in the same order on galaga. It wasn't (intended to be) a diss against those games, their some of my faves, just saying, you don't have to be able to do a bunch of 'other' stuff in order for the game to be replayable.

Probably just a misunderstanding though so :P

Oh, I guess I misread it. Sorry about that. I agree that a game doesn't have to include a lot of things to be replayable.

what a great post arguing about video games.

I have another idea for you atari fever get Namco museum.

You do not have to be online to get all their xboxlive great games. There is an update of pacman galaga and Mr Driller which is the cost of buying them online. Also you get lots of their other titles emulated. Not very well but they are emulated and I thought it was fantastic when I first bought it and I can see it now and might pop it it.

Follow-up:

I played Kaemo for a few hours this weekend. It should defintiely make the list. It doesn't have "Save Everywhere", but it auto saves after pretty much every fight, puzzle, cutscene, or new room. Also, battles are usually only a couple minutes long. The map highlights where to go. There's a book that not only tells you everything from what button combinations are for special moves to what your current objective is, but also tells you how to solve a current puzzle if you're stuck (very handy if you've been away from the game a few weeks I'm sure). Also, you can't really "forget" the controls if you're away a long time, as pretty much everything happens with the triggers and analogs.

Added to this is the fact that it is a very fun and beautiful game. It is one of those "I can't believe it's not Nintendo" games, in that it has that look, the "everyone friendly" gametype, and the "release date must have been pushed back a bunch" level of polish.