IGNORED

looking for hardware 8086/286 DOS cards made for the ST?

I was pretty sure in the early days of the ST (1986 etc) as well as 16mhz accelerator cards there were internal co-processor cards with 8086 and later 80286 CPUs for hardware DOS emulation. Maybe I am getting confused with the Amiga products that did the same but I was sure there was at least one for the ST as well. Maybe my memory is not so good these days haha

I was pretty sure in the early days of the ST (1986 etc) as well as 16mhz accelerator cards there were internal co-processor cards with 8086 and later 80286 CPUs for hardware DOS emulation. Maybe I am getting confused with the Amiga products that did the same but I was sure there was at least one for the ST as well. Maybe my memory is not so good these days haha

No, you're right - they did make some.

I think they were called something like "AT286" or maybe "AT16"?

They were also VME models for the Mega STe, etc....

I believe there was at least one 286 add-on internal card for the ST line of machines, but I can't remember it and hence bit pointless looking to ever find one. Was it called AT-Once?

At-once was an Amiga add-on that plugged into the 68000 socket. I never owned one, but I think it let your Amiga emulate a 286, but using the Amiga for the graphics slowed things down too much for most games. It was mostly useful for running application software. There were similar products for the ST, but I don't think they were any faster.

Hi all,

I think I have one in my 1040STe that plugged in to a socket.

FujiMan

I believe there was at least one 286 add-on internal card for the ST line of machines, but I can't remember it and hence bit pointless looking to ever find one. Was it called AT-Once?