IGNORED

Video Game Trader Price Guide iPhone App v1.1 now available.

Are you an "old school" or modern gamer and/or collector? Do you shop garage sales, flea markets, eBay? Want to know if you are getting ripped off by your local game store? You owe it to yourself to know what your games are worth.

The Video Game Price Guide contains over 6,000 video game titles and lists prices for complete and incomplete games and systems. The Game Price Guide database is maintained by Video Game Trader, a magazine devoted to video games.

The guide includes pricing information for the following platforms: Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, Atari XE, Coleco Vision, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Intellivision, NES, SNES, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Sega 32x, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Pico, Turbo Grafx 16, Vectrex & Sony Playstation. More platforms are planned for inclusion with future updates.

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION:

What's new in version 1.1?

* Added Sony Playstation prices

* Updated all prices

* Added help screen

* Added Details page for each item with a link to VideoGamePriceCharts.com detail page

* Sorted main screen by Manufacturer

* Added ability to jump to specific letter of the alphabet while browsing

* Test with iPhone 3.0 OS

The next update should have the ability to auto-update prices as we release them (about once per month). Also the next version will add 3DO and Game Cube to the platformm list. Also, we are planning a price increase to $1.99 August 1st.

Sincerely,

Tom Sansone

www.VideoGameTrader.com

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to post an update and let everyone know that the next major update is only weeks away. The current price of the app is $1.99 and the price will increase to $2.99 once this next update is released. We are steadily increasing the price until we find a price point that works. The iPhone is a great platform but it is new. This application has been very popular and I thank you all.

The next update will contain a couple key features.

1. It will auto update price once daily from an internet connection. This will allow us to post more frequent pricing updates and will allow us to provide updates to one platform on one day and updates to another the next.

2. We are including our most asked for update. Want/Have list functionality. You will be able to make what you currently have in your collection and what you want. You can then only display the items you either have or want when you are looking at the list. This will be very handy when you are at game shows or thrift shopping.

3. 3DO will be added as well as the more currently platforms.

By the end of the year, every major game platform, including current generation, will be included.

Some of the functionality requested in the post, by Triverse and others, is being considered. One thing on my priority list is to add the ability to search Chasethechuckwagon.com for auctions. I am working with Chase and would love to add other functionality. I think his game auction site is great.

I am also looking to produce a FREE version of the app which would be extremely limited in functionality.

I would love to make this available on other platforms but my developer only programs for the iphone. Any programeers out there that want to work out some kind of co-op venture to port this to other devices? PM me.

Thanks again.

Tom