IGNORED

Paint Modding

I CAN'T OPEN IT!!!!! Why does Nintendo have to use the stupidest screws in the world? Does anybody know where I can get a Y shaped screwdriver. I don't want to get one online because it takes too long to ship.

I have a crappy Gameboy that I can't open, and a good Gameboy that I can, but I don't want to paint it.

I CAN'T OPEN IT!!!!! Why does Nintendo have to use the stupidest screws in the world? Does anybody know where I can get a Y shaped screwdriver. I don't want to get one online because it takes too long to ship.

I have a crappy Gameboy that I can't open, and a good Gameboy that I can, but I don't want to paint it.

I'd guess they use the stupidest screws in the world to make sure you can't open it. :)

Kind of like why they went from using small but "normal" screws on the back of NES carts. Then at some point early in the lifespan switched to "stupid screws you can't get open".... without a security gamebit thingy!

Sometimes a Small flathead will work.

They're trigram screws, and you're unlikely to find a screwdriver for them in a bricks-and-mortar.

If you're dead set against ordering them online (dealextreme has them for less than a buck, but they take a while to ship) then you can make your own with a normal screwdriver and a grinder/file. Google around a bit.

If you're dead set against ordering them online (dealextreme has them for less than a buck, but they take a while to ship) then you can make your own with a normal screwdriver and a grinder/file. Google around a bit.

I guess ordering online is my last choice if Radioshack and Sears don't have it.

Just open a can of paint, drop in your Gameboy, leave it in there overnight, and then take it out in the morning. That should work. :cool:

Yep, worked for me, even got a half painted Mario Bros cart with the deal.

Just remember to use masking tape on the screen or you can't see anything :P