IGNORED

Chuckwagon and Ebay

Parrothead

Mike, you got me at :

"Hello Chuckwagon Community –"

I will list a few atari games this month to see how it works ... i have paid more than 300 usd on fees this year on eBay, i am not complaining because the games ended at very high prices, but i think that supporting the chuckwagon can make a difference in both sites.

Thanks for the continued support of the site

Thanks, appreciate it.

Now IF someone came up with a program that would allow sellers to sell there the same time as on ebay I think it would explode overnight.

It would need to take down the other auction as soon as it sold on one of the websites. Then sellers would list it both places.

Now IF someone came up with a program that would allow sellers to sell there the same time as on ebay I think it would explode overnight.

It would need to take down the other auction as soon as it sold on one of the websites. Then sellers would list it both places.

The problem with this idea is taht you would still have the Ebay listing fees even if you dont end up selling it there. It may also be a violation of one of Ebays policies (not sure about that one). Also, how would it work? You couldnt have both auctions ending at the same time, as that wouldn't give you enough time to take down the auction from the other website. Given the proliferation of sniping, you wouldnt know what price you got till the auction ended.. .You would have to do a BIN on one auction stie and run a regular auction on the other

The problem with this idea is taht you would still have the Ebay listing fees even if you dont end up selling it there. It may also be a violation of one of Ebays policies (not sure about that one). Also, how would it work? You couldnt have both auctions ending at the same time, as that wouldn't give you enough time to take down the auction from the other website. Given the proliferation of sniping, you wouldnt know what price you got till the auction ended.. .You would have to do a BIN on one auction stie and run a regular auction on the other

Ya, lots of probs with this. It generallly could be done and I believe there are already businesses that actually exist that let you do this already - but only with Buy It Nows.

Basically your site is now at a plateau. Now here is where the real work comes in. Maybe it's time to think of some kind of slogan for the site. Here are a couple

"Ride the gravy train at Chase the Chuckwagon."

"There's room for everybody on this wagon!"

Also here maybe a good way to get people to join your site. Provide incentive. Tell your members that if they bring one person in as a member that they, and there member friend can have a month of free listings.

Have random free system listing months. For instance for August have all Intellivision games, and systems as free listings, than in September have Sega Genesis be a free listing month.

Or have a raffle. Basically this is how the raffle would work. For every positive feedback a member would get, they would get a ticket to a monthly raffle drawing. Than randomly pick a nice prize.

Provide seller of the month awards as well. Pick someone from the community that has gone above and beyond their service. In fact make it part of their feedback, with something that says seller of the month for July 2009. It's a way to show that you honor and respect those members who go above and beyond the call of duty.

Alright that's all I have for now.

Edited by homerwannabee

@jahfish There is a bulk listing tool that is the easiest to use as far as I'm concerned. There is a thread about using it on the CTCW forums. It's basically populating an excel spreadsheet (tab delimited) with your auction data, uploading it, and then setting the fields. I use it with photobucket for the images. All in all, it's easier than Vendio and eBay.

i've checked the template for bulk uploading ... but i can't see the "offer" option anywhere in there ... or am i just blind?

another thing i'd like to mention again is this type of auctions i've seen on marktplaats.nl

an auction that starts for 1$, where offers can be made and the auction goes on for as long as the seller wants. there is no need to sell if the price isn't high enough for the seller ...

this way, people that have rare items would be a lot more tempted to list on CTCW i think, as you have a lot of time to promote it and can decide for which price you want to sell ...

Mike, you got me at :

"Hello Chuckwagon Community –"

I will list a few atari games this month to see how it works ... i have paid more than 300 usd on fees this year on eBay, i am not complaining because the games ended at very high prices, but i think that supporting the chuckwagon can make a difference in both sites.

Thanks for the continued support of the site

I bought 2 rare 2600 games from this man, a great person to do business with and fast shipping from Mexico.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Look - I want the Chuck to succeed. I think it's important to have an auction site dedicated to video games.

Truth is, as a buyer the inventory just isn't there. For example, I just now checked the listings and one 7800 lot with 3 Ms-Pac carts and a Centipede. I'm working on completing my C64 cart collection and only two listed there.

Like "chicken or the egg" is it lack of traffic or lack of inventory? I would believe that sellers would prefer eBay if buyers are getting carts for $.99 like I have.

Do you run TV ads? I can tell you the first time I saw the TV commercial for half.com I immediately went to the site and put up all the CDs and books for sale that I didn't want.