IGNORED

Lynxflash: Can the flashcart be flashed while in the cartridge slot?

doctorclu

I want to try to connect a small usb cable from the flashcart that runs to the side of the Lynx where I could add a USB port. That way I don't have unplug the flashcart, and more importantly, don't have to plug and unplug the usb cable time and time again and risk damaging the usb slot on the flashcart.

But could I write to the the flashcart (while the lynx is off), and do all I need to do while it is still sitting the Lynx cartridge slot?

In other words, though the Lynx is powered off, would there be residual power left in the Lynx to effect the flashcart while plugged in potentially damage the flash cart if you also tried to write to it?

I know Atari on some cartridge slots had power leads (like on the Atari 800). As for the Lynx...(checks Best Electronics catalog) has pin 1 as ground and pin 31 as "PWR 4069" whatever that means. So there is power going through the cartridge, but would it be DEAD DEAD while the Lynx is "off" to allow you do what you need to do on the Lynx Flashcart without harm?

I want to try to connect a small usb cable from the flashcart that runs to the side of the Lynx where I could add a USB port. That way I don't have unplug the flashcart, and more importantly, don't have to plug and unplug the usb cable time and time again and risk damaging the usb slot on the flashcart.

But could I write to the the flashcart (while the lynx is off), and do all I need to do while it is still sitting the Lynx cartridge slot?

In other words, though the Lynx is powered off, would there be residual power left in the Lynx to effect the flashcart while plugged in potentially damage the flash cart if you also tried to write to it?

I know Atari on some cartridge slots had power leads (like on the Atari 800). As for the Lynx...(checks Best Electronics catalog) has pin 1 as ground and pin 31 as "PWR 4069" whatever that means. So there is power going through the cartridge, but would it be DEAD DEAD while the Lynx is "off" to allow you do what you need to do on the Lynx Flashcart without harm?

No, it is not possible, if you try it, the FlashCard or the Lynx will be damaged.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...