IGNORED

SST...

Ran across an add for this in an old Current Notes magazine I was reading, and

I was just wondering...

Does anyone actually have one of these beauties installed in a Mega ST, and

how fast does it go...whoosh? :)

Do you mean "The second was something he calls the SST. It's an ST that runs at 40 megahertz. It's faster in every way than Apple's most expensive Macintosh, and a lot cheaper, too." ?

Do you mean "The second was something he calls the SST. It's an ST that runs at 40 megahertz. It's faster in every way than Apple's most expensive Macintosh, and a lot cheaper, too." ?

Er...not sure. What I'm talking about is an ultra-fast accelerator by Dave Small, for Mega ST's.

Did go up to 40mhz, 12 megs of Ram, and TOS 2.05...

The add says his Dad actually flew an SR71... :)

Er...not sure. What I'm talking about is an ultra-fast accelerator by Dave Small, for Mega ST's.

Did go up to 40mhz, 12 megs of Ram, and TOS 2.05...

The add says his Dad actually flew an SR71... :)

If I could get my hands on one of these I would pick up the ST computers again.

Love the work of Dave Small. Finding a working driver disk... wow.. that will be a task.

• 3 years later...

Yeah... that's the thing I was asking you about before that I got off ebay but it came damaged. Still trying to find the "risers" so I can repair it, but so far no luck. Might try to bend them all back in to place but not sure. I had been looking for more info on it (like a users manual) because I wasn't even sure if it was hooked up right in the first place (there was something that looked like you'd connect the power connecter to it, but nothing was connected to it). Oh well.... I'll have to try to get it fixed. Funny though. I looked for everything on the SST and somehow missed this thread from 2009??????

Have you tried contacting Dave Small directly? I know, it's probably a bit of a long shot, but

back when I was having trouble getting my PAK 68/3 board going, I was able (with help from

the Atari community of course!) to get in touch with Holger Zimmerman, and he was able

to help me. Came through in a big way, TBH. I think he was actually surprised and interested

that some of us were still using his products. From his e-mails, I gather he still has some of

his Atari equipment and tools. He was able to send me updated and modified files for a PAK

version of TOS 3.06, plus lots of great advice.

Was just thinking of what I know of Dave Small. Seems a very likeable person, I can still

remember the stories of him handing out Spectre GCR's for free at some Atari shows.

You know he posted here at AtariAge, a small update, not too long ago:

http://www.atariage....83-spectre-gcr/

I bet he would be glad to help you, if he could. :)

EDIT: Well, guess it was longer ago than I thought!

• 1 month later...

I think I actually met him on an Atari fair in Cologne in the early 90s. I still have a button with an SR-71 and a blurb like 'I saw the world's fastest ST'. I think I already had a TT by then so I wasn't really interested.