IGNORED

The SNES is finally mine........AGAIN!

Hello folks:

Just reporting in to say I now am a proud owner of an SNES with two games: Mario Kart and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. A friend of mine at work had one his son wasn't overly interested in, so I traded for it. The unit is in darn good shape, works fine, and with my Gamecube, I'm in gaming heaven. Any suggestions where to buy games locally? Around my area there's not much in the way of gaming centers. All I have is a Gamestop, and there's no way Wally World will have SNES games. Any other thoughts on collecting games for this system, and how much the average price would be, cart only?

-Steve

Happily retro gaming!! :D

I actually traded a couple of Gamecube games for it that I wasn't interested in (Sonic Collection and Marvel Super Heroes: Rise of the Imperfects), plus some old Playstation 1 magazines. Skyblazer does sound like fun...and there's the Final Fantasy games if I can get my hands on them somewhere. Any other thoughts on this? I know there's some die-hard SNES fans here, so your thoughts, games, etc. would be appreciated.

By the way: Seems when I did own an SNES years back, I never actually beat any of the games I had, so everything here will be like owning the system brand new. Can't wait to try and beat Legend of Zelda...

-Steve :cool:

Edited by classicgamingguy

I got my first snes for Christmas the year it came out. It was an instant favorite even though Mario World was the only game I had until the next Christmas. Mario Kart and Zelda 3 are great games to start with. I just beat Zelda 3 a few days ago, no telling how many times I've done it. If you like fantasy games I recommend the Soul Blazer series which includes, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma. I haven't played the third one before, but if it's anything like the first two I can't wait to find it. If you like shooters you have to try Star Fox. I think it was nintendo's first 3d game. Megaman X and Contra are two others you should try if you like shooters. I've never tried the snes version of Final Fantasy 4-6, Chrono Trigger, and the Y's but I would like to some day. Some repro carts you might want to try are Star Fox 2 and Dragon Quest 5.

Those are great suggestions on games. I just started Legend of Zelda again, so that should keep me busy for awhile. Star Fox is a shooter "must have", IMO, for the system, as well as the Final Fantasy games. And Chrono Trigger? You HAVE to get that. The game is one of the BEST RPG's made, IMHO. Another to get (which would be hard to get from what I've been told, without paying LOTS of money, is Earthbound. I think I'm going to shoot for Super Mario World first, however. And no, I'm not really interested in collecting the boxes and manuals for the system, just the games, as I'm going to play them, not collect them. I found a copy of Super Baseball 2020 stored away, and after fiddling with it for about 5 minutes, got it to work. Great game if you like sports, and even if you don't. :D

Thanks! I'm having some fun with this old system, for sure. Not many games yet (I'm in no rush), but the Star Wars games sound like fun, plus Metroid is always a favorite with me (got both for the Gamecube). I'm still digging through my den to find more games...I could have sworn I had more SOMEWHERE, but maybe I traded them or sold them years ago...

-Steve