IGNORED

Another failed ST -> VGA experiement

Well, I'm still trying... :)

I bought this unit from a store on Ebay and tried it. Says it requires 5v input to power it - my universal P/S from Walmart

only does 4.5 and 6, I tried both. I tried adjusting the pots, and using the menu switch, the auto scan switch, etc, and I

got no output from the Mega ST I was using at all - the 15" AOC monitor I was using flashes green on its LED's when

there is a legitimate signal - never got one. So, I don't know - unless someone has some other suggestions as to what

to try with it. Perhaps the CGA input signal its looking for is too far from the ST's standard signal.

post-5822-1249420132_thumb.jpg

This same setup, (Mega ST and AOC monitor) works ok in ST Low (but not Med - blurry and text drops out) with this

Ambery rgb to vga converter:

post-5822-1249420286_thumb.png

Just thought I'd pass along what some of my experiences are... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I'm still trying... :)

I bought this unit from a store on Ebay and tried it. Says it requires 5v input to power it - my universal P/S from Walmart

only does 4.5 and 6, I tried both. I tried adjusting the pots, and using the menu switch, the auto scan switch, etc, and I

got no output from the Mega ST I was using at all - the 15" AOC monitor I was using flashes green on its LED's when

there is a legitimate signal - never got one. So, I don't know - unless someone has some other suggestions as to what

to try with it. Perhaps the CGA input signal its looking for is too far from the ST's standard signal.

post-5822-1249420132_thumb.jpg

This same setup, (Mega ST and AOC monitor) works ok in ST Low (but not Med - blurry and text drops out) with this

Ambery rgb to vga converter:

post-5822-1249420286_thumb.png

Just thought I'd pass along what some of my experiences are... :)

I know of 2 ST users that bought this, they where unable to get it to work on the ST, However one had an amiga and it works with that.