IGNORED

How would you envision Smurfs Super Game?

Pixelboy

Warning: This thread is just for entertainement purposes, a fun discussion about what might be. :)

Every once in a while, someone peddles a request on these boards for a homebrew version of Smurf Super Game, which was rumored to be in the works for the ColecoVision Super Game Module. As far as I know, no real screenshot of this game ever surfaced, let alone a prototype.

Assuming the game would be an upgraded version of the existing Smurf cart on ColecoVision, how would you envision Smurf Super Game? New levels? Less linear than the original cart version, perhaps? New gameplay features?

Go ahead and post your ideas! :D

I agree that it would have been similar as far as its one direction linear game play, but probably would have had a few extra different screens, maybe a more animated end of level display and the likes. It would have been great if, instead of the aforementioned, it was made more like Montezuma's Revenge, Pitfall, or Pitfall II. Games like this are a bit more challenging than "press the joystick right, and jump occasionally!"

Actually I'm working on 3 Super Game, mainly:

- Super Smurf

- Super Turbo

- Super Gorf

I've screenshots for those 3 games, I plan to make them on MegaCart.

Super Gorf is the one I want to make first, I think the CV version could have been better (even if it's a great game already)

I might think the Speech Voices can be put in the ColecoVision version

Also, Super Turbo looks incredible! ...

I made very preliminary graphics works on this one

Okay, I guess now would be a good time to voice my own comments. :)

I think there's an opportunity there to do something that's more interesting than just a glorified obstacle course. I like the original "Rescue in Gargamel's Castle" game, but I was never a big fan of it, like certain others seem to be.

If it was up to me, I would steer Smurfs Super Game into the general direction of a simplified Metroid-style game, with multiple paths branching out into a maze of levels and sub-levels, with items to find and use, minor side quests involving encounters with other Smurfs, and perhaps even randomized gameplay elements (stuff that changes from one game session to the next) to extend the replay value of the game. Ideally, Gargamel's castle would be the last area to visit, after you've gathered all you need from the neighboring forest and cave levels.

I think a game like that would be the best use of the Smurf franchise on the ColecoVision, assuming cartridges with more than 32K of ROM space would be used.

Warning: This thread is just for entertainement purposes, a fun discussion about what might be. :)

Every once in a while, someone peddles a request on these boards for a homebrew version of Smurf Super Game, which was rumored to be in the works for the ColecoVision Super Game Module. As far as I know, no real screenshot of this game ever surfaced, let alone a prototype.

Assuming the game would be an upgraded version of the existing Smurf cart on ColecoVision, how would you envision Smurf Super Game? New levels? Less linear than the original cart version, perhaps? New gameplay features?

Go ahead and post your ideas! :D

I don't know about anyone else, but for me the Smurf franchise is just screaming for an RTS battle simulator. I imagine elite Smurf Death Squads visiting their Smurfy wrath upon the countryside. I see an endless landscape of mushroom houses, belching fire into the air as Brainy and Painter smurfs are rounded up for summary Smurf-icution. In the swirling chaos, vast armies of little blue communists are torn asunder at the whim of their Marxist, red-hatted commandantes, until the whole forest is awash in a sea of turquoise blood.

The horror...

The horror...

popaganda_S_M_U_R_F.jpg

Edited by jrok

Funny, I see Papa Smurf as a sort of high priest/Christ-type figure whose red clothing symbolizes a blood sacrifice needed for atonement while the other Smurfs wear white as a symbol of purity.

But enough of that.

I would have to say that I would envision such a game to have varying environments to travel through, and possibly Gargamel at the end of the level to defeat in some manner.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me the Smurf franchise is just screaming for an RTS battle simulator. I imagine elite Smurf Death Squads visiting their Smurfy wrath upon the countryside. I see an endless landscape of mushroom houses, belching fire into the air as Brainy and Painter smurfs are rounded up for summary Smurf-icution. In the swirling chaos, vast armies of little blue communists are torn asunder at the whim of their Marxist, red-hatted commandantes, until the whole forest is awash in a sea of turquoise blood.

The horror...

The horror...

I think at this point, the only people that can stop this red menace are Gargamel or David the Gnome.

• 2 weeks later...