IGNORED

Xevious & Asteroids 5200 Repro Carts available

Albert

We've just added Xevious and Asteroids 5200 reproduction carts to the 5200 section of our online store. Neither of these games were released by Atari, which was the case for many games that appear to have been completed. We have created new and high-resolution label artwork for both of these games, as well as for Super Pac-Man and Millipede, games that were already in our store. Anyone who was at CinciClassic and saw the games should be able to vouch for their quality. :)

..Al

Hi Albert. Whats the difference between this Asteroids and the CGE2001 Asteroids??

If they are different, will the CGE version ever be for sale?

Also is the game playable?? I seem to remember a version on my multicart where the graphics mess up. I'll have to try it again tonight.

I would really love a good version of Asteroids on the 5200.

Thanks!

Charlie

PacManPlus Wrote:

Is there any way we can download/purchase just the labels for those of us who already own the carts? I like yours better than the ones I created...  

I second that. Some of us have the multicart and would just like to have the label. I also think it would be cool to make some posters of these labels. They look fantastic and would look even better as posters.

Allan

For what it's worth, I think 5200 Asteroids rocks. I like it better than meteorites inspite of the controls being better on the latter. Once you get used to the controls, Asteroids is great. It's unfortunate that the programmer (?) didn't take the time to twik(sp?) the controls but it still doesn't ruin the game. If someone took the controls from Meteorites and made an Asteriods Deluxe or Quadrun, either one would rock on the 5200.

Allan

heh I don't have Asteroids on my multicart either. But oddly enough I just got through playing 5200 Asteroids quite a bit on the Dreamcast Emulator.. turns out it's just the Atari 800 version (which also happens to be playable on the aformentioned cart). Still fun though... :)

BTW Albert, those carts look friggin great.

Alright, ordered and paid for.....

Now i have to wait next to the mailbox till it gets here.

I ordered Haunted House II 3D also. I was never a fan of haunted house on the 2600, but I seem to have a sort of fever going on where I'm enjoying my 5200 more than ever. I can't wait to get this one either.

Koffi..... Combat II Advanced........ it's a great time to be a 5200 fan.

BTW - Anyone else enjoying Castle Blast as much as me? I have a great time playing this game. There are only 2 things about castle blast I dont like, and they sure don't keep me from playing it. 1-I don't like the pac man song when the mother ship flys by. 2-I wish I could start the game on Level 5. Besides that, I love this homebrew and play it several times a week since old guru handed it to me at a NAVA meeting.

Charlie

We've just added Xevious and Asteroids 5200 reproduction carts to the 5200 section of our online store.  Neither of these games were released by Atari, which was the case for many games that appear to have been completed. We have created new and high-resolution label artwork for both of these games, as well as for Super Pac-Man and Millipede, games that were already in our store.  Anyone who was at CinciClassic and saw the games should be able to vouch for their quality.  :)  

..Al

Actually, I couldn't get Xevious to start. Kept hitting start and it just stayed on the text screen. I'm sure I was probably doing something wrong--it was my first time playing a 5200. You were elsewere and I wound up getting distracted by Haunted House II 3-D and forgot all about it.

Is there any way we can download/purchase just the labels for those of us who already own the carts?  I like yours better than the ones I created...  :)

We probably won't make the original label art available for download, but selling the labels for a reasonable price is certainly a possibility. Our labels have nice, rounded corners, a semi-gloss appearance and have a strong adhesive so you don't need to worry about them peeling off the cart. Just remove the label from the backing, stick it on the cart and you're done. Well, once you remove the old label. :) What would people be willing to pay for a label?

..Al

Xari Arena IS playable on that emu as well

Which emulator is that? Every one I've tried doesn't show the paddles or they're uncontrolable.

Tempest

Doh! Sorry I'm an idiot :ponder: It crashes and I think you're right in that I didn't see the paddles. My bad.. I had just started it up, saw the playfield and said "welp looks like it works!" and left it at that. :P Sorry bout that.. but yeah it indeed crashes :roll: Oh and the emu I'm talking about is that Atari 800 emu on the Dreamcast.

It's hard for me to say what I would pay for a label - I would guess a buck or two per label is the maximum...  Does that sound horrible?   :ponder:

No, that doesn't sound horrible. Obviously we'd prefer that people buy the carts from us to get the spiffy label, but if someone wants to make their own cart (we even sell the boards to do so!) then making these high quality labels available is a service we would be glad to provide. I'd be happy to sell them at $2 a label, including first class shipping.

..Al