• Heavy Sixer
    • Light Sixer
    • Four Switch Woody
    • Four Switch Vader
    • 2600 Jr.
    • Emulator
    • Combination of The Above

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've tried emulation,but theres always something off or missing.In my experience,or the ones ive played anyway,are never %100 on.I like to play the original games on an original console,any other way is not the same for me. :)

I usually play on the Wii or PSP, followed by one of my Atari consoles...usually a light sixer.

How is the Wii emulator?

I've been meaning to try it, but somehow, it just seems to me that most of the Atari magic is lost in emulation. Maybe it's just me.

Plus I don't think it has an "original" rendering mode, and most Wii 2D stuff I've seen in 480 mode on an analogue TV is really flickery and hurts my eyes >_<

I usually play on the Wii or PSP, followed by one of my Atari consoles...usually a light sixer.

How is the Wii emulator?

I've been meaning to try it, but somehow, it just seems to me that most of the Atari magic is lost in emulation. Maybe it's just me.

Plus I don't think it has an "original" rendering mode, and most Wii 2D stuff I've seen in 480 mode on an analogue TV is really flickery and hurts my eyes >_<

Emulation on the Wii is great. I play games in 480p on my 50 inch plasma tv. Its not the real thing, but close enough. It's better than playing on a PC. I have my collection packed up since we are moving, so emulation is the only way to play now.

The combo option is miles ahead a I figured it would be.

I think the setup I have is perfect for my home.

Stella set up on my computer here in the den and the Vader hooked to the TV in my bedroom so that way which either end of the house I happen to be in I can play Atari if I choose.

Wp

Heavy Sixer for me. Although I have other models, I always play my Heavy Sixer for all of the following reasons:

1. Nostalgia - It's the model I had as a kid.

2. Retro - The faux wood look is just too cool to ignore.

3. Shielding - Heavy metal internal shielding provides unparalleled video clarity.

4. Convenience - Big, easy to manipulate toggle switches in front make life easier.

5. Cable - Non-detachable video cable means one less thing to hunt for before gaming up.

6. Groovy - The top panel grooves make a convenient stage for folded game strategy note cards.

7. Thermodynamic - Mammoth size, dark color, and ventilated grille provide excellent heat dissipation characteristics to ensure extended life.

8. Indestructible - Built like a tank, the heavy sixer can take a licking but keep on ticking.

9. Original - Being the very first model of Atari video computer system adds to its charm.

10. Musical - When you run your thumbnail across the grooves, it makes the same, really cool Rrrip! sound it did 30 years ago.

retro.JPG

I play my Atari games on either emulation, or on the Atari 7800 (ver. 3), 5200 (4 port), Jaguar, and Lynx II consoles.

Above picture is my "retro rig" consisting of a Zenith Console tv circa 1985, Atari 7800, and Atari 5200. The metal Case contains my games for the 2600, 5200, and 7800.

A2600%20Games.JPG

A7800%20Games.JPG

A5200%20Games.JPG

Emulation is through Stella, Prosystem, Kat5200, and Handy. There is no "good" Jag emulator, so that is all done via physically.

Edited by etschuetz