IGNORED

Get Ready - Forum Upgrade Imminent! Pictures included..

Albert

Speed is one thing. Security is far more important. I don't mean to knock Microsoft - they did a great job on the evolution of Windows and a great job on XP (can't say the same for Vista). Their software development tools are the best out there.

I'm not so sure--Apple's tools have evolved nicely since the advent of OS X. And they are completely free with OS X. I haven't used Visual Studio in a while now, but in the past I have done significant development with it and while it works well for the most part, it wasn't really anything to write home about.

..Al

Translating this site gives an interesting skin: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=n...ge.com%2Fforums

That's the default IP.Board 2.3 skin. It's normally not visible, so it's interesting that Google manages to pull it up for this purpose. If I had known about this sooner, I would have tried to fix it. Not worth doing so now. :)

..Al

Their software development tools are the best out there.

Really? I hate Visual Studio:

I dunno, I think VS has come a long way. We use VS2008 at work, I like it.

Intellisense does seem a lot happier using managed code, particularly C#.

Xcode is rather nice as well, must pass out more apple koolaid =P

I dunno, I think VS has come a long way. We use VS2008 at work, I like it.

Intellisense does seem a lot happier using managed code, particularly C#.

We're using managed code for the forms, but in C++ as the underlying application was written in C.

We're still on VS2005 though as VS2008 was just released when the Windows port was started and MS is notorious for needing a few updates.

Just need the "Show New Posts Since Last" or whatever that link was to the left of every message and I'll be set.

If you click on "View New Content", clicking on the topic title will bring you to the first new message in that thread. There's no arrow icon (yet), but it does the same thing.

..Al