IGNORED

Chicago area Commodore / any 8-bit show Saturday, September 26, 2009

MacbthPSW

Full announcement here: http://starbase.globalpc.net/eccc/

This show has strong Commodore roots, but folks from all 8-bit families (especially Atari) are of course welcome. Feel free to bring something to show off, trade, or sell.

Note that this show is completely FREE to attend. The facilities have already been paid for. We have the conference room at the hotel booked until 1 am.

There are typically at least a couple vendors with lots of great hardware and software for sale. Last year there were some fantastic collections of software and hardware being sold by individuals (I got some great stuff) :) Jeri Ellsworth is rumoured to attend again, and there should be a couple very interesting speakers.

I hope a bunch of you can make it out!

To get an idea of what to expect, here's a 2008 report/gallery:

Glenn Holmer's gallery

If you're on Facebook, here's a link to the event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139959610179

Edited by MacbthPSW

I'm planning to attend to look around and maybe do report for Classic Video Gamer Magazine.

most likely be there around lunch time since I work from 6am to 11am(but that might change).

please let me know what to expect like guest speakers tournaments etc.

If I don't see a set schedule of events, chances I might just walk around and leave again.

(btw: they set up free internet there now(wireless))

• 1 month later...

no offense to marty,most likely he will prob do the same speech at MGC'10

Nope, this is an ECCC exclusive. My content as a speaker at MGC tends to be broader based.

And don't worry, nobody is expecting anything from you. The show and the talk are not being based on whether Dan I. is there or not. ;)

no offense to marty,most likely he will prob do the same speech at MGC'10

Nope, this is an ECCC exclusive. My content as a speaker at MGC tends to be broader based.

And don't worry, nobody is expecting anything from you. The show and the talk are not being based on whether Dan I. is there or not. ;)

well in that case, I might stay to listen to you, I just wish they will post a time schedule of events so people can see whats happnening.

last year I missed the c=64 guitar hero demo because I didn't know what time it was.

so far as I know your the only one who has a set time for the show.

I wanted to stay to listen to martys speech, but I was feeling kind of tired out anyways from work this morning

I left around 2:30pm(I only stayed for about 15 min listened a bit to the first speech walked around then I left.

good turn out this year (aprox 5 or 6 vendors(I think most of vendors took a hunk of tables(more then three) and used that

so it basically hard to tell if it was a big vendor turnout or not)

• 5 months later...