IGNORED

IT'S JUST TWO PIECES OF BUBBLE WRAP! Another Ebay rant.

Poopopyo

You dont ship ANYTHING heavy like that, especially a computer! Normally,most of the things I order off ebay, are shiped like crap. Like a NES Top loader I got today in the mail, it was wrapped up in some brown paper...THATS IT! Nothing else, I think we should just as the person to ship it with extra bubble wrap/what ever they ship with. And why the heck would he THINK of popcorn? Wouldnt it break and snap, and some little piece get stuck it the systems AC slot? Then when you turn it on, it would burst into flames...So, ebay sucks...hope you get atleast SOME of your money back...

Man. you do NOT ship retro computers and pack the box with just popcorn. Thats just stupid.

Any time I have ever sold old computers I either wrap it in bubble tape, center it in the box, then my favorite part: Slice those foam pool noodles in half and trim to make a border around the object, dump in a bunch of popcorn after this, and wadded up news paper, repeat the noodle process on the top and then seal it up with tape....lots of it.

or if I currently have some, I use hospital grade packing squishy foam.

packing popcorn. Bah

That sounds like an interesting way to ship. I'll have to remember that the next time I ship something ;)

Master System I just got off eBay + 13 games came with no packing material, just tossed in the box. Luckily everything seems alright, but when I got it and could hear everything rattling around so I decided to take a quick movie of myself unpacking it just in case stuff was broken.

Packing peanuts only work if the box is tightly packed otherwise they can displace and if I'm packing something like that I always wrap it in bubble wrap completely, center it in the box with peanuts around it.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Master System I just got off eBay + 13 games came with no packing material, just tossed in the box. Luckily everything seems alright, but when I got it and could hear everything rattling around so I decided to take a quick movie of myself unpacking it just in case stuff was broken.

Packing peanuts only work if the box is tightly packed otherwise they can displace and if I'm packing something like that I always wrap it in bubble wrap completely, center it in the box with peanuts around it.

Exactly. When I ship something, like a game, I always use a couple of layers of bubble wrap, and the smallest available box to put it in, I prefer to stay away from the peanuts if possible, just to much movement. I take one of those boxes that's for shippinng books (2"x4"x8" or so) and when you wrap a cart or DVD case, shove it in, and it won't move, and unless for some reason, they get the urge to drive over it in the truck at the post office or whatever, it's not going to get damaged.

That's a good Idea with the funnoodle to ship bare consoles though, never thought of it (I wrapped them in cardboard to even the shape out and then use the larger bubble wrap in severl layers, but it sounds like that would get it there more likely in better condition)