IGNORED

600XL S-Video Upgrade Kit Orders being taken Here

Kjmann

Place your orders for the 600XL S-video / Composite Video Upgrade kit here.

I will tell People the email address to send PAYPAL Payments to When 15 orders have been reached.

Kit Costs $15 USD for the standard kit (Board populated with all components).

$5 USD Extra for the jacks to be included (2 RCA Jacks and 1 S-Video Jack).

$5 USD Extra for International Orders.

Edited by kjmann
  • Like 1

I would like to order one kit with jacks.

Place your orders for the 600XL S-video / Composite Video Upgrade kit here.

I will tell People the email address to send PAYPAL Payments to When 15 orders have been reached.

Kit Costs $15 USD for the standard kit (Board populated with all components).

$5 USD Extra for the jacks to be included (2 RCA Jacks and 1 S-Video Jack).

$5 USD Extra for International Orders.

Is there a benefit of your kit vs the Jeff Popp monitor mod that best electronics sells for $12? Not a slam on your board, but a serious question...

Although overall I think I may be going with the other mod as it will allow me to remove the RF modulator (nothing taps into it)

Is there a benefit of your kit vs the Jeff Popp monitor mod that best electronics sells for $12? Not a slam on your board, but a serious question...

Although overall I think I may be going with the other mod as it will allow me to remove the RF modulator (nothing taps into it)

I'm not Familiar with the Jeff Popp MOD, but My Kit Does NOT require the RF Modulator to function. It attaches to one of the lines going IN to the RF ( the Audio Specifically) and if the RF unit is gone you would simply attach to the solder joint on the motherboard where the RF used to be attached.

My kit only has to attach to 4 spots on the motherboard (Chroma, Luma, Audio, and Ground)

In fact, My kit is small enough that if you wanted to, you could remove the inside board from the RF modulator and put my board inside the RF's tin box and use the RCA jack as one of your outputs (audio or Composite Video).

The board is 1.45" by .85"

=)

Edited by kjmann
  • Like 1

The kit from Best Electronics Requires that you solder in about 20+ Components that are missing on the motherboard and remove the Channel 2-3 switch in favor of soldering in a female 5 pin DIN plug.

this only works on SOME 600xl's.

Also the Video you get is the same video you would see in a STOCK 800xl.

Yes The Kit from Best Only Costs $12 But They have a $20 Minimum Order requirement. And it's obviously a lot more Entailed.

My kit is much more simplistic and does NOT require removing anything from the motherboard

Edited by kjmann
  • Like 1

The kit from Best Electronics Requires that you solder in about 20+ Components that are missing on the motherboard and remove the Channel 2-3 switch in favor of soldering in a female 5 pin DIN plug.

this only works on SOME 600xl's.

Also the Video you get is the same video you would see in a STOCK 800xl.

Yes The Kit from Best Only Costs $12 But They have a $20 Minimum Order requirement. And it's obviously a lot more Entailed.

My kit is much more simplistic and does NOT require removing anything from the motherboard

Actually the kit adds Chroma and Luma :) (but not many people realize that it does) I know as I added it to two 600XL's already... Part of me enjoyed adding all the components too :)

However that's not to say I am claiming one is better than the other... In fact if I didn't already have an order in at best (Ordered several things, so no issue with the $20 minimum) I would jump all over one of these...

Good luck Kjmann, you do good work :)

Well, So Far I only have 4 orders. I can't make a run unless I have at least 15 orders.

Hopefully we'll get some more.

=)

If you make it more generic so it works with Atari 400 or 800 or 5200, I'll take a couple.

Perhaps, there's a way to get an SVideo out from Atari 800 easily. Current output (at least on mine) looks terrible compared to 800XL-- too much color shifting going on-- looks worse than RF output. I replaced the CPU card with another one from Atari 400 but still looks bad.

Well, So Far I only have 4 orders. I can't make a run unless I have at least 15 orders.

=)

If you make it more generic so it works with Atari 400 or 800 or 5200, I'll take a couple.

Perhaps, there's a way to get an SVideo out from Atari 800 easily. Current output (at least on mine) looks terrible compared to 800XL-- too much color shifting going on-- looks worse than RF output. I replaced the CPU card with another one from Atari 400 but still looks bad.

Well, It should work with those. but I would need a 400, 800 and 5200 to open up and find out where to tap in to the signals.

=)

Well, It should work with those. but I would need a 400, 800 and 5200 to open up and find out where to tap in to the signals.

If you need snapshots let me know-- I have a 400 and 800 open since I have been playing with the CPUs.

Hi Kjmann,

your 600XL S-Video Upgrade Kit work on 600XL pal ?

Thanks

PAL or NTSC Shouldn't matter. Should work on all XL's XE's and Original Tanks (800's and 400's). I'm just working on the solder points for the XE's and the Tanks. (I have done this upgrade on 3 800XL's, 2 600XL's, and 1 130XE).

Edited by kjmann

Ok, Everyone who wants a kit send me a PM telling me how many you want and whether you want jacks included or not. please only send this info and nothing else. It will help me keep my info straight. once I have 15 orders, and they are paid for I will place the order.

So Far I think we have 10 orders. =)

Ok, Everyone who wants a kit send me a PM telling me how many you want and whether you want jacks included or not. please only send this info and nothing else. It will help me keep my info straight. once I have 15 orders, and they are paid for I will place the order.

When you say jacks included-- do you mean soldered onto the board? I would prefer that (at least for audio and composite video RCA jacks) otherwise I have more than 4 wires to solder.

When you say jacks included-- do you mean soldered onto the board? I would prefer that (at least for audio and composite video RCA jacks) otherwise I have more than 4 wires to solder.

No,

Jacks are NOT attached to the board. 2 RCA jacks and 1 S-Video Jack are included upon request for the extra $5 USD. These are Panel Mount Jacks. Wires Must be used to attach them to the upgrade board.

No,

Jacks are NOT attached to the board. 2 RCA jacks and 1 S-Video Jack are included upon request for the extra $5 USD. These are Panel Mount Jacks. Wires Must be used to attach them to the upgrade board.

But how do the wires attach to the board-- soldering or somehow pluggable? Otherwise, for two RCA jacks (audio/video), I would have to solder three lines (signals and ground) as well as 4 solder points for the chroma, luma, audio, and gnd for the motherboard.

No,

But how do the wires attach to the board-- soldering or somehow pluggable? Otherwise, for two RCA jacks (audio/video), I would have to solder three lines (signals and ground) as well as 4 solder points for the chroma, luma, audio, and gnd for the motherboard.

Colored Wires are already attached to the jacks. you just cut them to the length you need then solder them to the video upgrade board in the spots corresponding to their colors. on the other side of the board are 4 wires for the motherboard that are tagged saying what they attach to (luma, chroma, etc...)

There are pictures and detailed installation instructions on where to attach the wires to the motherboard.

everything is MARKED on the upgrade board.

Edited by kjmann

Ok, just an update here. Everyone who wants a kit send me a PM telling me how many you want and whether you want jacks included or not. please only send this info and nothing else. It will help me keep my info straight. once I have 15 orders, and they are paid for I will place the order.