IGNORED

pause on other consoles

RangerG

The little factoid when I logged on AtariAge says that the 5200 was "one" of the first consoles with pause. I thought it was the first -- what other ones did at this time? NES, SMS, and Atari 7800 all come after; some Colecovision and Atari 2600 games have a pause, but the button is not part of the console or the controller and it only works on a minority of games.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: RangerG ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

i just looked at my APF TV fun pong unit and there isnt a pause button on mine

Here's the Usenet Post where someone mentions his APF TV Fun unit having a pause button. When I was looking around the net for more information and pictures of APF TV units I found several different PONG units they created. But I wasn't able to find a clear enough shot of any of them to determine if they had a Pause button. So perhaps they produced some units with and some without a Pause button. Or maybe none at all and that poster on Usenet was incorrect?

..Al

Hey albert i read the post and i have 2 pictures of what mine looks like but i have no idea how to post them, i could send them to you if you like

but that other guys system has to be different then the one i got

mine just has 3 lever switches W/ angle /bat size /ball speed

and 2 push buttons w/ start /on & off

And a game selector with 4 games

the base unit has 2 paddle controllers, and it has 2 ports for 2 more controllers to plug into the back , the controllers are just like that guy described- there a cylinder with the top part that is the paddle that spins

but nothing that says pause on it