IGNORED

Would you like to ride my horsey?

Random Terrain

This isn't a game, it's just a simple playfield animation made with a top-secret program that someone is working on. Take a look:

horsey_ride_2009y_08m_17d_1425t.bin

In case you were wondering, I loaded the following animated GIF into the program:

post-13-1250534366_thumb.png

Then I waited a few seconds for the frames to be processed, had it make the bB code for me, pasted the code into a blank VbB file that I had open, changed two colors, saved it and it was ready to go. This top-secret program gives you something that looks pretty good as it is, but you could probably spend hours or days making the animation look even better by adding extra colors and sprites if you want.

I'll probably post a few more animations here within the next day or two for the fun of it.

It looks cool, but why is it top secret?

Because the person isn't quite ready to post the program yet. I have a feeling it won't be long, though. It could be weeks; it could be days; it could even be hours. You never know, so get ready.

You clearly are having fun with this secret thing. I wish I could, too.

It shouldn't be too much longer. You'll also be able to make those Bitmap kernel pictures that SeaGtGruff has been posting. And I've been playing around making animated playfields, but you can make animated sprites from GIFs too. If you can find or create the right GIF, you'll be able to get realistic movement for your sprites. Actually capture the real movement of a guy walking or an animal running or a planet spinning. Who knows what you could make? You're only limited by your imagination and how small you can get an animation before it becomes useless.

Have you tried reducing animated gifs to two colors to use with this tool yet, with and without dithering/error correction? That would probably produce completely different results than full color and grayscale gifs.

A program like this would be able to pull off even more detail with the future Harmony kernel that allows a bitmap PF0.

Edited by MausGames

Have you tried reducing animated gifs to two colors to use with this tool yet, with and without dithering/error correction? That would probably produce completely different results than full color and grayscale gifs.

No, I've just been trying random animated GIFs as they are. But it won't be long before everyone will be able to play with the program and try all kinds of things.

Although I've been mostly playing around with animated GIFs, this program can use bmp, jpg, gif, or png images.