IGNORED

Season 2 5200 HSC Round 14 *Gorf (Digital Controller Fix)*

darthkur

118124212135.jpg

s_Gorf_2.png

It is said that Gorfians take no prisoners. It would be best to keep that in mind with their galactic armada bearing down upon our home-world. The Gorfians are ruthless tyrants that lust for the entirety of the universe to be in the firm, controlling grip of their empire. We are next in line. Waves of "astro invaders" descend upon our home. Blast them into infinity and then take off and face the aggressors in the cold airless void of space. If you can defeat their fleet you must warp towards their flagship and utterly destroy it. Can you preserve our freedom or are we doomed to be eradicated.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory. Please do not use any cheat/hack options. These include auto-fire, unlimited lives, invincibility, etc.

Settings: Mission #1, Cadet level. (Default) !!!!We are using the excellent patched version of Gorf that allows for digital control. This makes, not only the gameplay much more authentic to the arcade version but way more playable overall.!!!!

Gorf (Digital Controller Fix) Rom: gorfdigj.zip

Contest ends on: 8-31-09 at 1:00am EST.

Final High Scores:

1st: atariron82 - 28,110 +11

2nd: DensB68 - 27,540 +10

3rd: darthkur - 26,340 +9

4th: Cafeman - 23,490 +8

5th: Shannon - 21,890 +7

6th: roadrunner - 17,540 +6

7th: RangerG - 15,160 +5

8th: NoahsMyBro - 14,660 +4

9th: bohoki - 3,600 +3

Current Standings:

1st: Cafeman (119) (2)

2nd: darthkur (107) (3)

3rd: roadrunner (86)

4th: ckirkman (72) (2)

5th: atariron82 (69)

6th: DensB68 (67) (1)

7th: doctorclu (48) (3)

8th: RangerG (41)

9th: NoahsMyBro (40)

10th: Scihorror (38)

11th: bohoki (36) (1)

12th: LaserHawk (24)

13th: Shannon (22)

14th: LarcenTyler (12)

14th: MIKE5200 (12)

15th: Chris-in-NJ (11) (1)

15th: thursday83 (11)

16th: shadow460 (8)

17th: midnight magicman (6)

17th: NML32 (6)

18th: atari_envy (5)

18th: Mingy Jongo (5)

19th: mightymage (4)

20th: phuzaxeman (2)

21st: atariksi (1)

21st: chuckwalla (1)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Link to the official manual: Gorf Manual

Edited by darthkur

You gotta watch out in the Lazer Attack stage - I've lost 2 lives in a row several times because the positions of your ship doesn't change after you die, thus sometimes I've been in line for a 2nd cheap death. Argh!

Great port though. I remember playing this on the A8 years ago and being blown away. Glad the 5200 control has been fixed.

post-21471-125134131907_thumb.jpg

i didnt even realize you could go up down till later in the game

the digital controller fix is amazing

Yeah-- No doubt; I can hardly believe how excellent the control is in this patched version. In the original I was happy to break 10,000! Staying alive through the Lazer Attack stage(as was mentioned above)is the trick. Also, you can rack up points in the Flagship round by shooting the fragments that fly off from successful hits; just watch out for those pesky fireballs ;)

Edited by atariron82

Man this is tough, and the joystick is killing my hand (CX-40).

post-1104-125167265388_thumb.png

EDIT: 14,660 -- too lazy for a screenshot.

This is easier with a gamepad. I wish I could play this on real hardware though. I'll bet the 5200 stick is great for this.

Edited by NoahsMyBro

@#$%&$(@)(&*@##&*%)($#^%)($)_!!!!!

Shoot!

I was having a great game, almost 12,000 with 3 or 4 men left, when all of a sudden my computer turned off the screen to save power! By the time I found the mouse and brought the screen back to life I'd lost all but one ship, and my rhythym was shot to hell.

Seeing as there's only 10 minutes left, I'm done.

14,660 was my best.

RangerG, I don't think I'm ever going to catch you in this thing.

@#$%&$(@)(&*@##&*%)($#^%)($)_!!!!!

Shoot!

I was having a great game, almost 12,000 with 3 or 4 men left, when all of a sudden my computer turned off the screen to save power! By the time I found the mouse and brought the screen back to life I'd lost all but one ship, and my rhythym was shot to hell.

Seeing as there's only 10 minutes left, I'm done.

14,660 was my best.

RangerG, I don't think I'm ever going to catch you in this thing.

I hate when that happens. I've experienced that with Prosystem, the 7800 emulator, too. Unfortunately the only solution, other than turning off the screen saver/power conservation, is to try to remember to move the mouse every so often. Not the easiest thing to do when you get really immersed into a good game.