IGNORED

Soul Calibur IV Stuck

Gabriel

I came back to Soul Calibur IV and got past where I was previously stuck on the Tower of Lost Souls. Now I'm stuck again. This time on the Level 50 to 52 block.

Level 50 is pretty easy. I can semi-regularly get through it with Perfects. The first Seong Mina clone dies in one or two combos. I play wakeup games with the next two, and then I'm done.

Level 51 is a bit trickier. The first Amy clone is pretty easy. Sometimes she has a breakout AI, but most of the time she falls in one combo. The next two are Sophitia clones and the last one is kind of nasty. Still, I can often get through this with minimal damage.

Level 52 completely skunks me. The AI is crazy. It's fond of doing impossible combos by switching out characters. The roster is 1 Amy clone who is cranked to the max in HP, Defense, and is impact happy. The other three are Raphael clones. One is a wimp with a 150% lifebar, and the other two are moderately difficult as well as being combo chainers with Amy. Oh, they all have Appeal. If you have a female character, you're in deep poo fighting the 3 Raphaels. If you have a male character, you get to have the monster Amy cranked beyond max against you.

I've had Amy down to 10% life several times. She suddenly starts perfect blocking and impacts and slaughters me. She has Prevent Ring Out S, and I can juggle her all day at the edge of the ring and get nowhere. Her Soul Gauge never seems to run down, although she's so fast it makes successfully wearing it down more than a bit difficult.

I play Mitsurgui clones. The one I've had the most success with has about 150% HP and generally decent attack and defense. HP Drain A is a must. I also usually equip Strengthen Vertical. I've also toyed with equipping Venom Fang A and Auto Unblockable A, but Venom Fang never seems to work and I've seen the CPU block my fiery unblockables on many occasions.

Does anyone have any concrete tips for getting past this manaiacal little witch? Does anyone have any costume recipies that might give me an edge?

I haven't tried the tower at all. I found the game a bit too hard at times. Sadly, the dreamcast version is still the best IMO. It seems to have the perfect balance. Not too hard and not so easy without changing difficulty settings. I need to try the tower out like you did sometime but like I said I lost interest for a while.

I am stuck at 57, 58, 59. I've been using Kilik and trying to balance things out so I have a reasonable amount of power and health. That long pole weapon he has is pretty sweet when used properly. But this last area before the last level is a real bitch.