IGNORED

SOLD OUT / No longer available

the.golden.ax

I'm just guessing here but seeing as this console is to come with an XM unit, correct me if I'm wrong here, that means until the XM is finished it makes it impossible to get this console package finished.

I believe it just comes with a custom colored shell for an xm to be placed in side, xm hardware not included.

• Like 2

I'm just guessing here but seeing as this console is to come with an XM unit, correct me if I'm wrong here, that means until the XM is finished it makes it impossible to get this console package finished.

I believe it just comes with a custom colored shell for an xm to be placed in side, xm hardware not included.

Correct, XM shell not hardware. It was originally supposed to be a HSC but it got changed to the shell because at the time that's what Curt would sell me. That, and the HSC is built in to the XM. It will not work with the older HSC. If it had been built in to the system, you wouldn't have been able to use the XM.

So how's Longhorn's delivery?

very very nice mod. delivery takes forever though

Last I heard he was ordering when he got his first paycheck from his new job on the 13th. I just wrote to ask.

yeah Ax..an update!! I want the TRUTH!!!!!!! Yeah I can't handle the truth....well can you at least lie to us!!! :P

Aliens from space have invaded. All your base are belong to them. :P Save us Corbin Dallas!

• Like 2

That, and the HSC is built in to the XM. It will not work with the older HSC. If it had been built in to the system, you wouldn't have been able to use the XM.

The XM BIOS will not enable HSC functionality in 7800 NTSC mode if it detects a HSC already in the system. If it detects a CC2 or H2 it won't enable HSC by default either.

That

That, and the HSC is built in to the XM. It will not work with the older HSC. If it had been built in to the system, you wouldn't have been able to use the XM.

The XM BIOS will not enable HSC functionality in 7800 NTSC mode if it detects a HSC already in the system. If it detects a CC2 or H2 it won't enable HSC by default either.

That is an interesting, and nice development (since I have a CC2). Still the funds allocated for the HSC functionality were spent on the XM shells. Though I'd wanted an internal HSC, all Curt was ever willing to provide was a PCB that went in the XM shell. That offer came after I already bought the shells. At that point there wasn't any further funding to sink in to the HSC feature. I just have to assume most people who want an advanced 7800 will also want the XM, hence the shell (that will be themed).

Originally the want was for an internal HSC. Something I asked Curt about years ago, over and over. I could never get any answers on that topic, so I tapped Groovy. He could do it, but then needed Curt's permission as I recall. There was talk about expanding the ram, and then having an on board game. When I had my major life changes and was out of commission, that topic got dropped, and Curt / Groovy came up with the XM. I like to think that in some small way I planted a seed maybe?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Ax, I saw the update that you got the video boards. Does that mean you have all the parts? Now is it just a LOT of labor?

Essentially yes, the major components are now on hand. I still need little stuff and to work with Groovy on finalizing the end product into a prototype. At that point the plan is currently to knock these out one at a time. Not all at once. If anything major changes, or I don't get the packaging done before units are already ready to be mailed upgrades will be offered at the cost of postage.

My ProMAX controller got lost in the mail. :(

Seriously? That was mailed almost two years ago to your old apartment.

Seriously? That was mailed almost two years ago to your old apartment.

Yep. I never thought anything of it until now, had forgotten. That old apartment was a black hole for a lot of packages, though. I think the lobby people were stealing them, to be honest. :(

Sent Oct 14, 10 420871089101969010386724468394, my records show delivery but the USPS doesn't have data that old online anymore. We can work something out between us. It was definitely sent though. I have hard copies of all the shipping records in the mailing program I use.

• 2 months later...

Any updates?

He does updates on the first posting, for your convince:

July 17th 2012 This summer has been met with poor sales (I sell items online as my full time job) I've spent the majority of my time stumping products, trying to scrape enough money together just to get the bills covered. It hasn't left a great deal of time for the project. Still here, and still alive.

Any updates?

Any updates?

He does updates on the first posting, for your convince:

July 17th 2012 This summer has been met with poor sales (I sell items online as my full time job) I've spent the majority of my time stumping products, trying to scrape enough money together just to get the bills covered. It hasn't left a great deal of time for the project. Still here, and still alive.

...and again today. :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a "behind the scenes" brotherhood of people who are making a concerted effort to prod me in unison. I'm sorry for the accusation, you all do have a right to product or results (and I've outlined your options on the first page). However it seems like on the same day or days, several people make the effort all at once to prod at me in a coordinated assault, usually when I'm at my busiest trying to get something done. Overwhelming me doesn't work. I'm doing my best. That isn't going to change.

what does the first PCB in the picture do?

Those are the fully working and completed AtariVox2 units. Something as I've suggested that I'm more than happy to mail anyone who has an order on a system provided they are willing to mail it back when it comes time to install it internally.

Also, in case anyone asks I changed the title of the thread because every time it got bumped people would send me messages asking if they could get in on one still.

AX

• Like 1