IGNORED

Channel select switch used in game?

user42

Are there any games that use the channel select switch in game?

I know that "Space Shuttle - Journey Into Space" uses most of the switches, but I don't think it uses that one....

Are there any games that do? Just wondering.

I don't think that's possible. IIRC the channel select switch isn't software-accessible; it's hard-wired to the RF modulator.

And how would a program read the state of the switch?

If you are looking to expand the number of variable states that the player can change in-game, there are other ways you could do this. Just as Space Shuttle assigns different actions to the joystick when "engines" are turned on, you could do the same with the switches themselves. For example, have 4 on/off toggles assigned when in color mode, and 4 different on/off toggles when in B&W mode.

And how would a program read the state of the switch?

If you are looking to expand the number of variable states that the player can change in-game, there are other ways you could do this. Just as Space Shuttle assigns different actions to the joystick when "engines" are turned on, you could do the same with the switches themselves. For example, have 4 on/off toggles assigned when in color mode, and 4 different on/off toggles when in B&W mode.

I did not really think it was possibile but I had to ask to be sure.

I ask because I have a friend that makes these crazy USB controller boxes...

post-15767-125098523252_thumb.jpg

...and I was thinking of having a custom A2600 one made with all the switches on the box.

But I guess there would be no need for the Channel Select swich (or the Power swich for that matter).

What does your friend make?

Maybe I'm just stupid, but the picture doesn't help me at all... looks like a bunch of controller jacks from different systems...

That was the first photo that I found. It is from a WIP project that he was making. You are correct that is "a bunch of controller jacks from different systems" and the other side of the box is a USB line so you can use all of those controllers on your PC.

EDIT: I should correct myself, that photo is of a panel that is to be installed into a home arcade machine. He does make boxes too. He is still pretty new at this. Here is his site.. http://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/blissbox/

I want one that is just 2 db9 ports (that work with all A2600 controls) and all the switches set up to control stella on my PC.

Edited by user42