IGNORED

Time for the monthly Thrust+ Update?

Kaboomer

I haven't received mine yet either. I was originally number 4, but that was relinquished to Mike Guilliard.

Having sent in my money long ago, I don't recall 100%, but I am pretty certain I was still assured one of the original 50 games, I just don't know what number I am to get.

To be honest, communication on this project has been poorer than I think it should have been. I don't mean to slam anybody, but the delays have only been occasionally explained on the message board after people ask about them, I was told I'd get #4, and later, after seeing somebody else on the forum claim to be in line for #4 I find out he was determined to have a valid contest entry that pushed mine down (no big deal, but I should have been informed), no contact to let me know if my order was still accepted and if I was to get a game, etc... Everything I've had to find out, I've had to find out through these forums.

The game itself is world-class. The special edition packaging and controller look first-rate on the web. Once I receive my copy I'm hoping they are as good as I expect them to be.

My only complaint concerns the time it's taking to receive the product, and the spotty communication I've experienced.

Steve

Trust me boss I had that score well before deadline. Reread the original thread and look at the timestamps.

As for the communication, it is better than Junie's but come on: I know of at least one person on this board who has had his numbered copy for well over a month now. :| ...

Not trying to fight a two-front, BTW. :)

i am terribly sorry for all the delay that has been caused, and a lot is also my fault ...

i went through a lot of trouble after separating from my girlfriend after10 years. i had to move out, find a new flat, a new office, have no more car, and had to store the games somewhere else for quite a long time allready. that way it wasn't easy to finish all the carts. and going through all the mails was also a pain after i had trouble with that provider i chose (could have been the second mail programm i used for that too). so of the carts were so dirty that i spend hours (actually even two days) to clean them. anyway i'm not gonna make a novel out of it (altough so much silly stuff happened it is actually nearly worth a story). i could call it "the rise and fall of a homebrewer" :P

ât the moment i am pretty busy with my exhibition starting end of the month (news soon) but i will make sure that ALL boxes are out by the end of next week and i will send out a mail again to everybody to let you know what is on the way and send a link to the updated page with all lists ;)

also those who had pre-reserved copies but were too late can smile ... there is a few copies left ;)

actually another delay reason, since this was missing money for the shipping costs ...

ha, just everything came in my way. and making this package special (7 stickers for each set - holografic stickers - stickers on the footpedal - 8 page manual ) took so much more time. so much as i never expected ....

so a warm recommandation to all other homebrewers: don't make your package too special ;)

so again my apologies to everybody and i hope that you will soon all enjoy your set!

the first one should arrive within the next 10 days ....

greetings

fish

Good to hear back from you, Fish.. :D

I think a lot of people around here are paranoid with all that's happened with Junie's and Atari 70's lately that they thought this was going to be a problem too.

For everyone waiting, I can vouch for Jahfish's integrity. He's a good person and an honest one at that. Just be patient.

It is a lot of work making homebrew carts, and for me at least, a ton more work than I expected. And I've traded with Jahfish before and he has been prompt, friendly, and generous.

BTW Jahfish: I finally got a true (312 scanline) PAL Synthcart done this week thanks to that PAL 2600 you got me. Thanks! :)

Sorry about your troubles lately. :(

-paul

thanx guys for understanding the situation .... you can't believe how happy i will be when all games are out ...

@paul: glad it helped. on my exhibition this month, i might have Alec Empire from Atari Teenage Riot that will make a specialperformance on your synthcart .... i'm working on it that he makes it once and exclusively and for free, otherwise he usually takes 1000+ for a gig. so everybody press your thumbs for me and paul ;)

btw, this might be braodcasted live over the net. i'll keep everybody informed ...

I just wanted to say that I've dealt with Jah Fish on many occasions and he's a great guy! We've both sent many packages back and forth to one another, and I speak with him frequently. I know he'll come through for everyone, and also know that he's unhappy that it's taken so long to get these packages out. I'm sure he'll be just as relieved to be finished with these shipments as everyone will be receiving them! :)

..Al

Thanks for the update Jah Fish and also sorry to hear about your breakup. Being in Marketing, I could suggest one simple thing to keep people happy even though there's a delay - keep people informed. The simplest way to do this could be to update your web page. Similar to what was done on the Qb status page could be done on the Thrus+ page. That way, people would see the status of their cart. I think you were trying to do this, but possible with your personal situations this was not done. Just a little constructive criticism.

I think what it really comes down to is that so many people are just so anxious to play this AWESOME GAME ! =)