IGNORED

Eric DeLee's Collection

EricDeLee

I think I have fixed my pictures. LOL

I will need to update these though. I've added and subtracted quite a bit of things.

So, for right now, this is what I have. Once I move and get the gameroom organized, I'll have much much more to show you.

First the Atari 2600 collection.

Most of my collection is loose. I have been bitten by the box bug as of recently.

However, here's some pics. Keep in mind the one bookcase that shows a ton of Loose carts is actually two rows of carts deep. There are roughly 600 carts on this bookshelf!

gallery_3390_381_8609.jpg

gallery_3390_381_23349.jpg

gallery_3390_381_71080.jpg

gallery_3390_381_70844.jpg

gallery_3390_381_11240.jpg

My Recent Qubes I got in a $100 lot

gallery_3390_381_44952.jpg

Yep... the manual isn't the best... but it is not torn or ripped.

gallery_3390_381_73803.jpg

I don't collect NES games. Anyone interested in this one? I got a good deal on it recently. The original plastic is still on there, except for the top where it was opened. There is a book, manual, posters, etc in there.

gallery_3390_381_56685.jpg

My Portable 2600 playing Frogger: (Note: This may be up for sale later on!)

gallery_3390_381_24510.jpg

ATARI LYNX Collection:

Anyone who knows me knows that I collect for the Lynx as well. I've got over 100 carts (I collect all of the cart styles, and versions).

I have a lot of boxed stuff (somewhere) and I have a New Lynx 2 system in box, and a few other items as well. The pictures here are from a few months ago. I didn't feel like dragging them out for more pictures. I have added a few things since these, but not a lot. I will be building a replica Lynx Display unit later on when I get the Gameroom going). I am looking for a different way to store these as well. I like Smeg's way of storing his games and may convert to something like that.

Pics:

The Main Bulk of my collection. All normal release carts (curved, ridged and flats...):

gallery_3390_381_65581.jpg

Pride and joy of my Lynx collection. EOTB Proto:

gallery_3390_381_77592.jpg

Some more carts

gallery_3390_381_97386.jpg

Different Carts

gallery_3390_381_97700.jpg

Protos

gallery_3390_381_115863.jpg

Unknown Protos

gallery_3390_381_56161.jpg

More Protos

gallery_3390_381_58869.jpg

Yet... more protos (some may be the same as above. Some of these were found on ebay earlier this year)

gallery_3390_381_86134.jpg

Close-ups of Super Asteroids/Missile Command. The one on the left is a near normal final release. I think most of it is the same. I found that one on ebay. The one of the right is the special one that has a different Super Asteroids game on it then the final release. I spent a few hours with it, and it was a lot of fun!

gallery_3390_381_57048.jpg

Some blank boards...

gallery_3390_381_49372.jpg

I've got some more stuff (Lynxoploy and Flashcart, etc. They just are not pictured)

Now... once all settle down, I'll be able to sort my loose carts better and not have them two rows deep.

I would love to find a crap load of Musiccrate carts and build a cabinet for all of my loos carts like the one pictured here:

One of the best Atari 2600 displays]

I fell in love with that, and would love to re-create that type of cabinet for my games! (Mainly just the side cabinets that hold all of the loose games)

Eventually I'll drag out my SNES store kiosk... and display it as well. I'm not a big SNES fan, but the thing is kind of cool.

I'll have my Atari 2600 Tabletop finished as well, so that will be on display. Now if I can just get the kegerator going! LOL

Edited by EricDeLee

Great Lynx proto collection!!! :) :thumbsup:

Can I have this dirty and old Q-bert Parker 2600 thing??? :D

Sure... I'll pack that up for ya. It has just been sitting here like an eyesore. lol

Thank you for the comments. The Lynx protos, I mainly got from Carl (Songbird).

I did get 4 off of ebay earlier this year as well. I'm still trying to get encryption added to some of these carts (well.. the roms actually) so I can figure out what the games are.

I would like to grab some more (including the cool ones sold a few years ago... dameonsgate, AvP, and Warbirds).

I also would like to track down the ones Carl sold off a few years back.

All in time I guess.

Im a huge SNES fan, so if you ever decide to part with the kiosk, lol.

And... you live nearby. LOL I may take you up on that! I'm just not a huge SNES fan. But it is cool. I do know where a more COMPLETE version is in the detroit area. It may be easy to get, I'm not really sure though.

Mine is missing the clear plastic cover that went over the SNES console, and the controller extenders. I've had it sitting in my storage for over 3 years now. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Eric when will you not be home so i can come by and borrow a few of those Atari 2600 games lol.

All kidding aside awesome collection buddy. :)

Sure... which ones?

I'm about to get rid of all boxed games actually. I've decided that I am not going to go into that adventure. Main reason: I have no clue when I'll stop. lol

So I will be tossing those up for sale soon... including the Qubes. I'll have to get another qubes (loose) for the collection, but selling CIB is worth a bit more than just box and instructions).

Loose games: Which one do you want to borrow? I'm no longer going to pack them up. Staying put, and not moving now. (lots of changes, eh??)

Eric when will you not be home so i can come by and borrow a few of those Atari 2600 games lol.

All kidding aside awesome collection buddy. :)

Sure... which ones?

I'm about to get rid of all boxed games actually. I've decided that I am not going to go into that adventure. Main reason: I have no clue when I'll stop. lol

So I will be tossing those up for sale soon... including the Qubes. I'll have to get another qubes (loose) for the collection, but selling CIB is worth a bit more than just box and instructions).

Loose games: Which one do you want to borrow? I'm no longer going to pack them up. Staying put, and not moving now. (lots of changes, eh??)

I do not do the box games either Eric to much of a pain for me actually i like my 2600 carts loose but i don't mind having the manuals lol.

Hmmm lots of great games there for sure lots i don't have...You got a copy of Crazy Climber? And what about a SuperCharger and games? :)

Edited by jboypacman

Hmmm lots of great games there for sure lots i don't have...You got a copy of Crazy Climber? And what about a SuperCharger and games? :)

I don't have Crazy Climber. I have a reproduction of it though. I also have a few other repros (Halloween and TCM, and a few others). But I got a legit TCM from atari2600.com as well. It is one of the pleasant Valley ones (??) One of my favorite repros is the Sinistar one that was made for me. That one is a lot of fun to play.

I have 4 or 5 Supercharger games. No supercharger though. LOL

I don't have Crazy Climber. I have a reproduction of it though. I also have a few other repros (Halloween and TCM, and a few others). But I got a legit TCM from atari2600.com as well. It is one of the pleasant Valley ones (??) One of my favorite repros is the Sinistar one that was made for me. That one is a lot of fun to play.

Lol your a head of me at lest i have no Super Charger or games and who did the CC repo for you?CPUWIZ or Shawn Sr. ?

Lol your a head of me at lest i have no Super Charger or games and who did the CC repo for you?CPUWIZ or Shawn Sr. ?

To be honest with you I can't remember who did a few repros for me. I may have gotten a few from both of them. I picked up that CC from someone else though, I think.

I got a star wars Ewok cart, sinistar, TCM, Halloween, the adult games, Cabage Patch Kids, and a really nice Magicard.

They are all nice to have. I put them at the end of my Atari checklist and don't even count them towards my numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I'm kind of in awe over the 2600 cart collection. You weren't kidding when you mentioned getting in touch with you on them. Very nice collection all the way around, Sir.

Yep... those are the carts for my collection. I have a lot of doubles as well.

I have a lot of about 150 different games (different label variations and stuff) and another one of about 80 games.

Check your PM...

• 3 months later...

Eric,

Yes, a very nice collection indeed! I had no idea you'd put this up. I need to investigate this "collection section" more. (I should put my collection here as well, shouldn't I?)

One of these days, I really need to talk to you about the Lynx proto doubles you have. I mean really, who needs two... :D

Also, are the "unknown protos" actually unknown to you? Do they not play on your Lynx?

Thanks for sharing the collection,

Smeg

Eric,

Yes, a very nice collection indeed! I had no idea you'd put this up. I need to investigate this "collection section" more. (I should put my collection here as well, shouldn't I?)

One of these days, I really need to talk to you about the Lynx proto doubles you have. I mean really, who needs two... :D

Also, are the "unknown protos" actually unknown to you? Do they not play on your Lynx?

Thanks for sharing the collection,

Smeg

Unknown to me and Carl (I bought them from him). Some... he has an idea of what they are. A few are listed as Lemmings, Dameonsgate, etc.

They lack the encryption that goes in front of the rom so that it can play in Handy or on a real Lynx. If I put one of these carts in a real Lynx, it simply says insert game (for the most part). Karri is working on this and trying to help me out. They just figured out the encryption stuff recently, so I'm hoping to get some results soon. My goal is to add the encryption to the ROM, and then burn a new cart of that version to pair with the original prototype. Then, if I decide to part with a few of those, I'd sell off the set for that one particular game.

The thing about these unknowns, I am thinking that I may have a few different versions of Dameonsgate and Lemmings. The goal is to find out the differences than the ones that are already out there. For instance, what if one of the ones I have is a later release than the common reproduction we see out there? What if you can go to new cities, or create spells? That would be a huge discovery. Remember, I already got the interesting Super Asteroids that is much different than the cart release that Atari put out. It is a full game, 100% playable and could have been released like that. I wish I could find out the real story why it was changed. I have a feeling that they believe they got away from the original Asteroids too much and then switched it back. That's a shame. It is possible that the other systems couldn't handle the game, but I'm not really sure.

If I got doubles of protos, I'm always interested in trading for what I don't have. Other protos would be great, but it is not what I HAVE to trade for. Any offer would be considered. The only two that are for sure not on the trade block: the Asteroids cart, and the EOTB.

For obvious reasons.

• 3 months later...

They went AWOL. LOL

I posted them like Albert told us to in this forum... now you have to click on them.

LOL Still there, just not showing in the thread.

I need to re-post pics anyways. No big deal

You can click on them and see them, but nobody else can. :ponder:

• 1 month later...