IGNORED

What homebrew projects would you like to see, and for what system?

But the NES is a lot of fun, I wonder what you're making for it...

At the time of posting those 'Apocalypse Engine' 80+ dot demos, I was evaluating a NES port of the C64 classic "Mega Apocalypse".

What I have in mind right now is a NES demake of Warcraft (Orcs and Humans - not 2, 3 or World of ;)).

Keep us updated, that would be really kick ass.

The cool thing, its very easy to have NES carts made. It would be so cool to see Warcraft: Orc and Humans in a clear green cart!

They remade Devilish for the DS.

Regarding the original Warcraft, it would be cool to see a Genesis or SNES port. They should be able to handle it flawlessly.

I had a dream about playing warcraft on the SNES back in the day.

It would be great to see it ported to either system (SNES would be better as there are more buttons on the controller) and personally surprised it has not been. But now that this http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=84 is available, im sure we'll see more action headed towards the SNES.

For some reason though, I have this morbid fascination with wanting to see Doom on any system nes or pre-nes. Even if someone hacked AD&D Treasure of Tarmin and replaced the title with "Doom".

I would also like to see a sequel to Mario Bros for any of the Atari consoles. Mario Bros. 2 would have different level layouts as you progress, question mark blocks for power ups in addition to the pow block, and a "boss" stage with King Koopa and Princess Toadstool, sort of like a level from DK.

Edited by jeremysart

• 2 weeks later...

A remake of the sega genesis game Devilish would also be really cool. The original had an awsome concept, but the physics were a bit off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWSopxr-c_E

I read this when you posted it, and hit eBay right away and picked this up for my Genesis. I must say, this game is awesome, and I don't know how I never heard of it until now.

Super Mario Bros on the 7800, to put and end to the debate of whether it's possible or not.

Well, there is an MSX version of that game- which means it could be done on a CV, and newcoleco's Ghostblaster proves it could be done better than that version. So it can be done on a CV.

The 7800 has Scrapyard Dog, which is a Super Mario Bros.-style game.

So why couldn't it be done, and done well, on a 7800? Unless adding the extra needed memory would be a problem?

But would a 7800 Super Mario Bros. actually sell? That would be the biggest obstacle of all.

Super Mario Bros on the 7800, to put and end to the debate of whether it's possible or not.

Well, there is an MSX version of that game- which means it could be done on a CV, and newcoleco's Ghostblaster proves it could be done better than that version. So it can be done on a CV.

The 7800 has Scrapyard Dog, which is a Super Mario Bros.-style game.

So why couldn't it be done, and done well, on a 7800? Unless adding the extra needed memory would be a problem?

But would a 7800 Super Mario Bros. actually sell? That would be the biggest obstacle of all.

I have not seen Ghostblaster. I'll have to check it out. SMB, to me at least, seems to fast and colorful to run on a 7800. The sound would also be another huge obstacle. Scrapyard Dog was not as smooth nor fast paced as SMB. Never seen the MSX version.

• 4 weeks later...

The Incredible Machine for C64, like it was originally going to be on.

A game adaption of the obscure John Korty film "Twice Upon a Time". I am hugely into that movie as of right now, and I'd be interested in seeing what a game version on the 2600 or NES would've been like if that somehow got made.

Finally, Just for kicks, King's Quest VII on either the Apple IIGS or the SNES. A CD version for the IIGS would be especially awesome. :cool:

Edited by Segataritensoftii