IGNORED

Xbox360 Elite..$299

Mendon

According to THIS ARTICLE on Kotaku, the Xbox360 Elite will be priced at $299 by Sept 1st.

My opinion: this price drop had to happen, with the PS3 now priced at $299. Plus, it now means a more "direct sales war" between the 360 and PS3 since both will have the same price point (if only MS would do something about the over-inflated price of the 360 WiFi adapter, which boosts the price of the Elite to $399).

This might be a very interesting holiday shopping season.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

They rip you off in other ways like the adapter and the hard-drive and charging yearly fees with ads is criminal, they have the money to NOT charge for it but why not?

People still pay for it just like cable.

I'd love to have two 360's and two PS3's but they are still expensive for me. Strange that they are only 50 bucks more than the Wii.

Edited by cimerians

Well I've had my 360 (a Pro unit) for a while now (almost two years), so I can't really complain about the price drop and in a way I'm glad to see it happening. Gives more people an opportunity to pick up an Elite unit that maybe haven't stepped out to get a 360 yet.

My only thing is I wish they'd do something about that rediculous price point on the hard drives for the sucker! 20GB is nice and all, but I could always use a little extra space with the "install to HD" feature.