IGNORED

The "OMFG in El Paso?" haul thread

nathanallan

Lately has been crazy, these things just don't happen here. Some of the haul is listed here, only some because I'm going back on Saturday to get more. Not all is gaming, but very noteworthy!

Atari 65XE w/all hookups

Intellivision with lots of games, mostly commons (not common here)

Pink PC case

Asus Mini ATX case

Shuttle larger cube-ish case

Model 43 Teletype, in great shape, like THIS one with manuals

Digital Equipment P1, needs love but I think I can use it for something

Bag of mostly serial mice

19" rack mount full size PC case with drives

Half a banana box full of 2600 1-4 rating games, loose

Macintosh Performa 638CD, needs its own keyboard or an extended (I have this) WITH TV tuner for playing the XE on :)

Tandy CC2, my favorite of all Tandys!

Commodore Plus 4, needs power supply (I am still looking for one)

MORE waiting for me, I am supposed to go and get it on Saturday, so I had better clean out the car! Not sure what is waiting for me, but I think one thing is another 19" rack mount workstation (very nice).

I swear, you say you have an interest in something and people just GIVE you stuff.

Some pics, not of everything yet, but a few. Click forward (and back if you'd like to see other stuff).

Major haul!!

Lately has been crazy, these things just don't happen here. Some of the haul is listed here, only some because I'm going back on Saturday to get more. Not all is gaming, but very noteworthy!

Pink PC case

Some pics, not of everything yet, but a few. Click forward (and back if you'd like to see other stuff).

Major haul!!

I have a purple case identical to that pink one that I got back in 98. I CANNOT part with it no matter how hard I try. I don't know if it's the late 90's mac look or is it just the odd factor.

All my hackintosh attempts have been done in that case hehehe.

The rack mount case could sure come in handy. Is that an ATX? If so, AWESOME. If not, well it's a rack case that you could put any sort of project in.

Nice haul for sure.

Pink PC case

Major haul!!

I have a purple case identical to that pink one that I got back in 98. I CANNOT part with it no matter how hard I try. I don't know if it's the late 90's mac look or is it just the odd factor.

All my hackintosh attempts have been done in that case hehehe.

The rack mount case could sure come in handy. Is that an ATX? If so, AWESOME. If not, well it's a rack case that you could put any sort of project in.

Nice haul for sure.

I know, that pink case i think is going to be staying with me and not getting 'turned over' because it's just so damn unique.

That black rack mount box IS ATX, it's been adjusted from being an AT case, so I can put a new one in there-- I checked the prices and Jameco sells a similar box for over $100. Definitely nice to have! Being all metal it will conduct heat easy and that little door is just too cool. It'll be having a nice computer built into it when I get a bunch of nice parts to build it with.

Speaking of nice parts, I got told that I have another 19" rack waiting for me that I should go and get it. um, okay, I'm sorry I forgot it, I'll get it asap. Rack mount stuff may be bulky, but they're hellaciously versatile! And these are all configured as workstations, so even better! Did you see the pics of them? Here they are LINK and click forward a few times. That's the most complete one, but I have a few more ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

The pink is girly, and most of the time I prefer pink accenting, not the whole thing being overly pink and that particular shade. And if you saw the Playstation that is pink, it's a hot pink with black trim, doesn't look very girly (or more like bad girly).

The joystick is a curious mix of phallic symbols, and it works out rather well :thumbsup:

Right, the XE didn't have all hookups, I misspoke, but it did have it's power supply and the RF cable that it came with. No tape deck unfortunately. I would like to get another few AV cables for it, because the RF going through the Apple didn't show up well, it was a bit dark. Also need the remote for the Apple. There may be controls for that on that remote.

Is there a good aftermarket Atari tape deck? I don't own an Atari one, and am hesitant to get one with all the problems people tell they have.

I never had a problem with mine (atari tape deck), just can't remember what happened to them...I had 1010, xc11 and xc12...i could have sworn someone on one of these forums said that the xc series was widely available in the US (in some parts probably)

Perhaps you can twiidle with the tv tuner settings on the apple tv tuner thing manually, if it's anything like the pc eqivalent 'win-tv' (hauppauge)

I have tried and tried, but can't get the picture any brighter. I can only guess the brightness is being lost in the RF converter box. It's not all hooked up right now, but it will be tomorrow when I get a few things taken care of and then I'll see what happens with a straight insulated coax cable. It worked wonders with the Intellivision, it might help here, too.

So, to be clear, there is absolutely NO sexual innuendo at all coming from both of us, now then (lol)

I have demand for more pink PS cases, so I might get some from you in the near future, Ax. The one I have here is a huge hit, everybody who sees it loves it (except the real jerk-offs, and I think they're closet homos anyway). So I may be sending you a PM soon; not right now, but soon. Maybe a Genny case, but gotta figure out how to make tiny printed logos.

That sounds very nice, and I know it will be nice because I have this one here.

Just looked over, and the N64 is screaming to be made pink! All but the controller ports and cart slot cover, that screams black-- and the power supply can stay just like it is.

Really odd, people downplay pink to me until they see it in real life, then they like it. I'm tellin y'all, it's a primal urge, it's instinct. Pink rocks.

El Paso, Is that fastly becoming the new Mecca for classic and retro gaming/computing thingies

HA! I've had to put out ad after ad, begging people to open their closets and look in the sheds for this stuff that I've been able to come up with locally, and then I have had to order the rest from other places. I *wish* it has become a Mecca, my store is the Mecca of this city, that's for sure. ONLY my place, nobody else seems to have much interest at all locally.

Honestly, I have MADE El Paso a small mecca for it. I'm not even tooting my own horn or anything, there was jack shiznit here-- one play'n'trade that was charging $60 for a loose Mega Man X (example) and the big 2 (gamestop and gamecrazy) were it, then they got out of it, PnT went under, so now it's Super Mega Turbo with me at the helm for the whole frekkin city-- and I'm supposed to be making house calls!

Also, I'm just very LOUD about it. All those ads make a very big impact.

I heard that in the old part of the city they enjoy Tacos, Salsa, and the occasional Seasoning Packet. :thumbsup:

melbourne_australia_healesville_882593_l.jpg

:D

AX

Love it! It's all made in New York City.

Thanks for the tip! I can't afford to collect for this thing right now, but I will. I want a complete rig, it's the only way to go with Atari computers (and any other computer, heh heh). But for now I'm looking for the carts for it, there's a handful here but not enough. My 1020 drive is okay for now, but yeah, I will definitely want a drive that matches it.

Nathan