IGNORED

Mario Bros. custom controllers

Yurkie

Here is the "Coin", "Overlay" and "Marquee Sticker" in place on a non-dyed standard ColecoVision controller. I slid the overlay in place and applied the coin and marquee, so that you can get a better idea of what the finished product will look like. Comments Welcomed.

post-23318-125270524537_thumb.jpg

post-23318-125270526035_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie

I would like to Thank everyone for their interest. I sincerely apologize for the whole "deposit on the game" thing. There are no conditions or deposits of any kind to purchase a set of these controllers. If you are one of the first people on the list, and don't want to buy the game cartridge for some reason, you may ask to be removed from that list. Please understand that I am doing this before any sets have been completed, or monies collected. I was trying to promote sales of the game cartridge, but instead I was confusing people and making an unfair request. I Apologize.

I have a list of those interested, and I will notify each of you when your set is ready to ship. I am going to produce these sets as quickly as I can. The first 20 people should expect a request for payment no later than the first week in October, perhaps sooner. The only thing that will cause a delay, is shipment of the dye. Due to cost of the dye and the ridiculous $29.00 shiping. I ordered what should be enough for at least 5 sets. As soon as money is received for the first 5 sets I sell, I am going to order enough dye to make 20 more sets.

I will be shipping USPS Priority to everyone. I am using brand new boxes and bubble wrap, and all controller sets will be packaged very well to insure safe arrival. I will also send a delivery confirmation number to all US customers.

I am going to send controller sets same day, or next after payment is received. There will not be a long delay. I hate waiting! I am not going to make anyone wait for something they paid their "hard earned money" for.

Shipping will be $9 for US customers, this is a flat amount I set in my initial thread.

I will ship worldwide, but please realize I have no control over how long it might take for you to receive them. International shipping will require a customs form be filled out. A declared value of a purchase for $140 US dollars will be declared. I WILL NOT ship these to anyone as a "gift" or lie about the purchase amount. I am stating this up front so that everyone knows this, and things are fair and consistent. The only exception to this will be the set I send my friend and partner at CollectorVision retroillucid, I am giving him a set for free and his set will be marked "gift".

International shipping will require me to take your boxed, ready to ship item, to the post office and have it weighed. I will need your exact address. I will then send you a message stating the exact cost of shipping. Once payment is received I will then send you an email letting you know that your item was shipped. Please understand I have heard that items "disappear" when shipped international. I will keep a copy of the customs form and send you a scanned copy if there is a problem. I just want people that live outside the USA to understand that there are risks of loss and long shipping times. This is beyond my control, and I cannot afford to send you another set if something happens. I also can't refund money in the unfortunate event that you don't receive them.

If you have any questions or wish to be added to the list, please send me an instant message.

Sincerely,

Yurkie

I have been busy with some personal matters. I will have pictures of the completed set up by the end of the week...probably sooner than that. I want to let everyone know I am very serious about getting these done and shipped as soon as I possibly can.

I have been busy with some personal matters. I will have pictures of the completed set up by the end of the week...probably sooner than that. I want to let everyone know I am very serious about getting these done and shipped as soon as I possibly can.

I am back hard at work on getting these first 5 controller sets completed. Watch my first post for updates. As I said in the top of the first post, I consulted with a chemist yesterday to see what I could do to achieve a nice satin/gloss finish. I was not happy with the way the first set looked. I will be offering up the first 5 sets for sale very soon.

Please send a request to be on my list if you want to get a set of these quickly. They are incredibly time consuming to make. Example...assembling 1 tray takes over 2 hours.

Here are some more photos. I needed to wait until today when the light was better to take these. The transparent window on the box makes it difficult to take good pictures.

I accidently put the Green one on the left, it should be on the right. A mistake on my part. They will ship with Red on left and Green on the right.

Thanks for the compliment retroillucid.

Oh PLEASE(!) put the Green controller on the left for me - that way when I sell it on EBAY I can claim it was an error / prototype shipment and worth a BILLION dollars - ha ha ha :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NOT

Cant' wait to receive these1

eest

I need some orders people. Otherwise I may make 22 sets and call it done. If you want a set and have a "wait and see" attitude you may miss out. You have pictures of a complete boxed set. I have put over 200 hours of R&D into producing what I consider the best ever homebrew item. I have approximately 5 hours actual hands on work in each set I make. I am not going to work 80 hours a week producing these if there is not an interest.

These controllers are absolutely 100% working perfect, in both "final controller test" and real gaming tests. I have no desire to beg for orders. I have lots of other ideas and will move on to somethings else.

Edited by Yurkie

Here are some more photos. I needed to wait until today when the light was better to take these. The transparent window on the box makes it difficult to take good pictures.

Really, these are outstanding as I said in the other post. The box makes it that much more drool inducing. I love the idea of making it only 22... that way when the suckers who don't buy em can't get em, mine will be worth more :evil: These will look great next to my other special edition coleco stuff. :thumbsup:

AX

I have decided to except a set of controllers for use in producing sets for people. I believe that people will like this option to save money.

Price is $140 a set and $9 shipping for all US Customers and $19 for all international orders.

I will except one set (2) controllers and give you a $30 credit toward the purchase price for a set of my Mario Bros. custom controller set. I will also be requesting a $20 deposit. These sets are extremely time consuming and expensive to produce. I have enough dye on hand for about 15 sets and will use the deposit money to purchase more dye. I will produce about 10 or 15 sets a week.

In fairness to my first 7 customers I will offer a $30 refund if they wish to send me a set.

MUST be BLACK no beige ADAM Controllers. Please note that the controller housings must be in good condition no deep scratches. No broken away pieces along inside edges where the 2 halves go together. No cracks or damage to the housing, breaks in the grid over the keypad excreta. All 5 screws must be in place. Cords may be cut off carefully, but grommet that holds the cord in the housing must be in good condition and be in place, I reuse the grommets and put a brand new straight cord on all my sets. Also the controller has to be in working condtion. Not working perfectly, because I rebuild all controller to function 100%, but not dead. Do a quick check before shipping I cannot give core credit if the controller is not use able.

If you wish to send a set of controllers to me for core deposit and the $20 deposit send me an IM I will make a list of all persons and your set will be shipped in the order that I receive the deposit money.

The deposit of $20 and the controllers will be 100% deducted from your final purchase price and final payment will not be required until your set is ready to ship.

I have 11 sets of controllers that I am getting ready to dye. These will go to the first people on the list that send the deposit and or controller sets.

Edited by Yurkie

Got mine today :lust:

Thanks Jeff. I thought they might arrive today. What do you like most about them.

What do I like about them.... everything! They are just so cool!! And everything seems so professionally done! Let me know what other homebrews you decide to undertake... I think I'll be interested (especially if Coleco related)

My set arrived today :lust: :D

Excellent job throughout! The colors on the controllers came out perfect. A professional job all the way.

The box is also excellent, nice colors and the game screen on the backside makes you want to see the game in action!

Thank you for such a great job in creating these.

My set arrived today :lust: :D

Excellent job throughout! The colors on the controllers came out perfect. A professional job all the way.

The box is also excellent, nice colors and the game screen on the backside makes you want to see the game in action!

Thank you for such a great job in creating these.

Thank You for your feedback. If you or anyone else that orders one of my controller sets has any questions, please feel free to send me a message. I will get back with you promptly.