IGNORED

Which consoles lose the most through emulation?

If your into the classic systems and have money go the flash cart route.

If your limited on money and space get a PC with a video card that can output to a tv (S-video). I would also recommend buying the many usb adapters available that allow you to use the real controllers. This is as about as close as one can get to the real deal and it's relatively inexpensive.

For example, this is my personal history with video games:

Had the Intellivision as a kid, parents threw it away.

Used emulation to bring back the Intellivision memories but never felt right.

Purchased the usb adapter so I could use the real Intv controllers getting very close to the real deal.

Discovered flash carts, hit Ebay for an Intv and purchased the Cuttle cart 3. Wow, what more can I say.

Went back to Ebay and figured I'd might of as well buy every hardware piece that was made for Intv (intellivoice/music keyboard/ecs computer)

Can you tell I lean towards the Intellivision?

So, basically I find myself buying the classic systems and flash carts. I can't explain it but it's like I'm on a mission.

If your limited on money and space get a PC with a video card that can output to a tv (S-video). I would also recommend buying the many usb adapters available that allow you to use the real controllers. This is as about as close as one can get to the real deal and it's relatively inexpensive.

Purchased the usb adapter so I could use the real Intv controllers getting very close to the real deal.

Discovered flash carts, hit Ebay for an Intv and purchased the Cuttle cart 3. Wow, what more can I say.

Went back to Ebay and figured I'd might of as well buy every hardware piece that was made for Intv (intellivoice/music keyboard/ecs computer)

So, basically I find myself buying the classic systems and flash carts. I can't explain it but it's like I'm on a mission.

Haha, you sound like me!

I have an Intv, Intv II with ECS, Synth, and System Changer, and a System III.

I have been wanting to get a cuttle cart since there are just some games I will probably not be able to obtain (like spiker) I was lucky enough to come across Congo Bongo and Fathom seal, but I can play them.. because they are sealed. Cuttle Cart would solve that!

I also want to get the CV flash cart and a Crock Cart for 2600 (I think thats what its called anyway.)

I still enjoy having the actual carts, but I know its beyond my ability to collect every game for every system.

Hopefully someday we can have the same type of multi carts available for systems like SNES.

I mean, what does it hurt the company? Its not like games are still being sold or made for these systems.

Where did you come across a usb adapter compatible with Intv? I have plenty of emulators, the only one thats not a bitch to use the keyboard with is the 2600.

Well, before I purchased a Cuttle Cart3, I was using an emulator called Nostalgia. This was developed by a group that went by the name of Shiny Technologies. They also sold at one time a usb device called the classic game controller that I had purchased I believe for around $75.00. I just checked their web site http://www.shiny-technologies.com/cgc.php and I see they are no longer selling the classic game controller. I wonder, does this mean the one I have could be of value? Just a thought. I purchased the one that allowed you to hook up the Intv 2 controllers. It worked amazingly well with the Nostalgia emulator. Too be honest, you wouldn't know that a PC was running a Intv emulator if you were using this setup at my house.

I would highly recommend getting a Cuttle Cart3 before their gone. If your still on a mission to get a usb intv adapter check out this site http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=47.

Good luck.

Haha, you sound like me!

I have an Intv, Intv II with ECS, Synth, and System Changer, and a System III.

I have been wanting to get a cuttle cart since there are just some games I will probably not be able to obtain (like spiker) I was lucky enough to come across Congo Bongo and Fathom seal, but I can play them.. because they are sealed. Cuttle Cart would solve that!

I also want to get the CV flash cart and a Crock Cart for 2600 (I think thats what its called anyway.)

I still enjoy having the actual carts, but I know its beyond my ability to collect every game for every system.

Hopefully someday we can have the same type of multi carts available for systems like SNES.

I mean, what does it hurt the company? Its not like games are still being sold or made for these systems.

Where did you come across a usb adapter compatible with Intv? I have plenty of emulators, the only one thats not a bitch to use the keyboard with is the 2600.

I would have to agree about the Intv losing a bit through emu due to the controllers, which is the same reason I feel the Colecovision looses out through emu. I feel lucky to own these systems and games for them. Nostalgia, the Intv emulator hits it dead on though with near flawless emulation.

Now the system I feel gets shat on by emulation is the SNES. It's easier to see when its your favorite console next to the Intv. The best emulation I have seen is SNES9X, but the color pallet still seems wrong.

Some N64 games look a little rough through emulation too, but then there are games like Super Mario 64 that look better on the pc than the 64! It also plays nice too on the keyboard if you configure the controls well!

I think these consoles lose quite a bit via emulation:

-Sega Master System

-Sega Genesis

-Super NES

-TurboGrafx 16

I haven't found any emulators that have 100% accurate emulation of those consoles. And most of the time, it's the sound that suffers. The best emulators I've found for those consoles(accuracy and compatibility) are:

-Kega Fusion v3.61(Genesis and Master System)

-Ootake(TurboGrafx 16 - doesn't seem to emulate the TurboGrafx CD properly and the sound is a little, shall we say, "filtered")

-BSNES(Super NES - this is the ONLY emulator that gets the sound right, but you need a powerful computer to run it)

But then again, I think all emulators lose out on one thing: the experience. You don't have a proper controller for each console on hand unless you build/buy some controller adapters for use on a Parallel or USB port.

Edited by Ace_1