IGNORED

god of war news

xg4bx

from the official playstation blog-

FOSTER CITY, Calif., September 1, 2009 Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today a new and exclusive PlayStation®3 (PS3) offering for the critically acclaimed God of War® franchise, God of War® Collection. Scheduled for release this holiday season, God of War Collection will feature reworked versions of both God of War® and God of War® II on a single Blu-ray Disc at full 1280 x 720 resolution. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PlayStation®Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games). God of War Collection offers substantial value to PS3 consumers, the compilation of both best-selling games costing just $39.99 MSRP.

Edited by xg4bx

HOLY F~CK!!!

Thats fantastic news, thanks a bunch for letting us know.

I've been praying for a re-release of these games for the PS3.

I will get this no matter what, seeing these two games remastered will be a huge treat, I mean they looked good anyway!

Happytimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

----PS2 games with trophies!!!!

Edited by cimerians

I thought I remembered reading that these re-worked titles were also going to be available with the purchase of God of War 3 when it comes out. (Or maybe it was a collectors edition of Go.W 3) I wonder if that still holds true or was that never confirmed? It might have just been speculation.

Amazon has G.o.W 3 available for pre-order, but not this new compilation.

That blurb states is coming out for the holiday season so you would think it would be coming out pretty soon!

I thought I remembered reading that these re-worked titles were also going to be available with the purchase of God of War 3 when it comes out. (Or maybe it was a collectors edition of Go.W 3) I wonder if that still holds true or was that never confirmed? It might have just been speculation.

That blurb states is coming out for the holiday season so you would think it would be coming out pretty soon!

I know I did a search on Amazon and I couldn't find it either. I notice a few other game sites are announcing it as well so it would make sense that we would see a pre-order.

Oh well.....two remastered great games with trophies for 40 bucks. I'm happy.

from what i understand, this is a reaction to the fans wanting it in a gow3 collectors edition, so sony actually listened to the fans. $40 isn't bad, if it were part of a collectors edition it probably would have been about $100 bucks anyway.

i envy the lucky boy or girl who gets this and a spankin' new ps3 slim under the tree this year. 2 of the biggest ps2 titles almost completely remade along with lower priced redesigned hardware....this just may be sony's year.

from what i understand, this is a reaction to the fans wanting it in a gow3 collectors edition, so sony actually listened to the fans.

Not sure I follow you. Are you saying fans complained and asked for it to be released as a stand alone or are you saying fans asked for it to be included in a collectors edition and the collectors edition is still coming in the future?

Me personally, I'd rather snag the collectors edition. I'm a sucker for those things.

Edited by moycon

from what i understand, this is a reaction to the fans wanting it in a gow3 collectors edition, so sony actually listened to the fans.

Not sure I follow you. Are you saying fans complained and asked for it to be released as a stand alone or are you saying fans asked for it to be included in a collectors edition and the collectors edition is still coming in the future?

Me personally, I'd rather snag the collectors edition. I'm a sucker for those things.

I posted it on a thread here a while back.

Basically Sony asked everyone what they wanted in the God of War III collectors edition. Example, a doll, a soundtrack, a T-shirt and one of the choices was God of War I and II.

So it appears everyone screamed for the 1st two God of War games and seeing the big demand they actually made it a seperate product. The God of War Collection.

This is opening up some possibilities though........

Edited by cimerians

I don't understand why it's taking so long to open up possibilities. One of the big selling points of Blu-Ray was that it held 50 gazillion times more data than other disks. Wouldn't you think they would throw gamers a bone and actually use the space (and I don't mean on 7.1 un-compressed soundtracks..looks at MGS4). If they really want to show gamers they are serious about keeping us happy. They should include collectors editions with previous entries in a series. The fact everyone voted for it just shows how popular something like that would be. Imagine buying the latest and greatest Tomb Raider and also getting some previous Tomb Raiders's on the same disk!! Blu-Ray holds a lot...great. Having a shit load of space on a disk doesn't mean a thing if you don't utilize it. LOL :cool:

I don't understand why it's taking so long to open up possibilities. One of the big selling points of Blu-Ray was that it held 50 gazillion times more data than other disks. Wouldn't you think they would throw gamers a bone and actually use the space (and I don't mean on 7.1 un-compressed soundtracks..looks at MGS4). If they really want to show gamers they are serious about keeping us happy. They should include collectors editions with previous entries in a series. The fact everyone voted for it just shows how popular something like that would be. Imagine buying the latest and greatest Tomb Raider and also getting some previous Tomb Raiders's on the same disk!! Blu-Ray holds a lot...great. Having a shit load of space on a disk doesn't mean a thing if you don't utilize it. LOL :cool:

I totally agree. Morons but it seems they are leaving it up to the publishers (Konami, Capcom etc). Uncharted 2 is a full blu-ray (they are owned by Sony though) you would think other companies would do the same but why spend extra time/money on PS3 when they can just port a game equally on both 360 and PS3? Sad but oh well....

Anyway I hope this collection sells well and opens the doors to more. It seems the only way some publishers do anything is if they are guaranteed to make money.

Tomb Raider collection sounds great. I would buy classic games that are enhanced with added trophy support no question.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read THIS ARTICLE on Kotaku that reports a demo of God of War III will be included with the God of War Collection.

Since I already own GoW 1 & 2, I really hadn't planned on buying the Collection. But now with updated graphics AND a demo of GoW III, its on my MUST BUY list.

Release date for the Collection is this November, GoW III is scheduled for a March 2010 release.

Mendon

Ok, anyone want to fill me in on what makes these games so great? I've never paid attention to the series, but everyone speaks highly of it. From the screenshots I've seen it looks like another run of the mill action game, so there must be something I'm not seeing.

Tempest

Ok, anyone want to fill me in on what makes these games so great? I've never paid attention to the series, but everyone speaks highly of it. From the screenshots I've seen it looks like another run of the mill action game, so there must be something I'm not seeing.

Tempest

It's a button masher... but I was in the same boat as you when and did not understand why it was so great. Until I played it.

At the time, when GOW and GOW2 came out, it was the best graphics I have played. Everything looked great! The sound was great, the voice acting, the attitude of the entire game was outstanding. It was the type of game that you turn the lights out, and enjoy! There are some great cut scenes and lots of great extras throughout the game. To me, it took 'fun' to another level.

That's why I like it. But I never did understand until I picked up a cheap copy of the first one and played it. Then I was hooked! Great story line as well!

Tempest

quality music and graphics are about all that separate god of war games from the rest of the 3rd person 3d action games.

I guess there are some mythologically themed characters and plot elements too.

despite the reviews, it's really not for everybody. I don't enjoy the genre in general, but the hype did make me try a couple levels just to be sure.

Tempest

the story, the setting, amazing set pieces, alot of clever gameplay elements and puzzles, etc. the game simply feels "epic" and large scale in every sense of the word and the production values are amazing. i suppose it helps if youre into mythology because its the game equivalent to a greek epic/tragedy.

Tempest

quality music and graphics are about all that separate god of war games from the rest of the 3rd person 3d action games.

I guess there are some mythologically themed characters and plot elements too.

despite the reviews, it's really not for everybody. I don't enjoy the genre in general, but the hype did make me try a couple levels just to be sure.

heres a 3rd person action/adventure game that may tickle your fancy-

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/uncharted-2-among-thieves/review/uncharted-2-among-thieves/a-2009091875511998094/g-200812159395546092

Tempest

Testosterone

LOL

Ok, kidding aside, there's a lot of action games out since the 1st God of War that are just plain stupid. Lets just say GOW simply doesnt suck and quite frankly it was the first action game besides maybe Ninja Gaiden on the XBox that has the features that many other action games now have. Key button combos...kills...cool weapons...huge monsters.....naked women.....sex mini games.....attitude.

You get the point. :D

Playing God of War has saved me a lot of money cause all other action games (except maybe Ninja Gaiden) are crap compared to this.

Another way to look at it:

If you dont like Conan the Barbarian, the movie 300 or any other action flicks along those lines you probably won't care or relate to God of War.

Edited by cimerians

leaked gameplay trailer-

http://n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-401509.aspx?CT=1

quality sucks but you can tell theres been an obvious upgrade.

rumors have started that the developers of ico/shadow of the colossus are meeting to discuss a similar upgrade for those titles.

Can't wait, just another month.

I'd buy the ICO set too mainly because I haven't played Colossus yet.....

ICO is classic but it looks kind of crappy on an LCD these days. I hope they do it, it deserves to be upgraded.

Edited by cimerians