IGNORED

Wico cable problem

Corby

i just received it. I plugged it in my 2 port 5200. with of course the 5200 controller, and the 2600 controller. cx7800 joy pad, and a wico joystick. and when i push up on any of them the graphics on the screen get all buggered up.

I know its not my machine or my controllers cause i have the atariage Redemption adapter, and it works great! any thoughts. the cable ends look in good shape, the steel prongs are straight, and no visible cuts. Could there be a bad kink or wires are broke and are touching????

corby

i just received it. I plugged it in my 2 port 5200. with of course the 5200 controller, and the 2600 controller. cx7800 joy pad, and a wico joystick. and when i push up on any of them the graphics on the screen get all buggered up.

I know its not my machine or my controllers cause i have the atariage Redemption adapter, and it works great! any thoughts. the cable ends look in good shape, the steel prongs are straight, and no visible cuts. Could there be a bad kink or wires are broke and are touching????

corby

If it doesn't work with Wico stick and causes screen glitches-- it's the cable. Pot GND which is around +5V touching other wires can cause unpredictable effects.

corby

If it doesn't work with Wico stick and causes screen glitches-- it's the cable. Pot GND which is around +5V touching other wires can cause unpredictable effects.

are you sure the "wico" stick is the actual a5200 stick? wico was dumb using the same gender on the 9 pin for their adapter and it causes endless confusion if they would have changed genders there wouldnt be the issue there is today(but then i guess they would have to worry about people plugging in an apple joystick

if your wico isnt this one it wont worka5200.jpg

corby

are you sure the "wico" stick is the actual a5200 stick? wico was dumb using the same gender on the 9 pin for their adapter and it causes endless confusion if they would have changed genders there wouldnt be the issue there is today(but then i guess they would have to worry about people plugging in an apple joystick

well I'll be damned!! it works good thing I held on to that controller. now all I need is the keypad that goes with it! thanks guys!!!!

corby

Correct, there's digital joysticks by Wico as well. Usually in this forum, Wico means the analog ones.

corby

well I'll be damned!! it works good thing I held on to that controller. now all I need is the keypad that goes with it! thanks guys!!!!

You can use a Atari 2600/400/800 9-pin (DB9) keypad through this adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320419137273

I have a bunch of those Atari 2600 keypads; if you want I'll throw one in with that adapter for a few bucks.