IGNORED

Best Atari 2600 game of all time

Galaxian

Have you ever bought an Atari 2600 game that is noticeably better than all others? Well, tell us!

I'm just starting a collection and need help to see which games rise above the others :) and which game crash and burn! :x

There is a running list of top games in another thread, I'd check that out.

I'd throw down River Raid and Pitfall II as my top pics

Have you ever bought an Atari 2600 game that is noticeably better than all others? Well, tell us!

I'm just starting a collection and need help to see which games rise above the others :) and which game crash and burn! :x

There is a running list of top games in another thread, I'd check that out.

I'd throw down River Raid and Pitfall II as my top pics

Wow. Before clicking on this thread, those are the two games that instantly came to my mind after seeing the thread title. :thumbsup:

Chris

i would say yars' revenge, dig dug, solaris, and pac man (no, im just kidding about pac man, but the others are good.)

You know, even though people say pac-man for the 2600 helped kill video games back in the 1980's, I personally enjoyed playing the game back then and even now in 2009 I still enjoy it once in a while because there's nothing like hearing "dunt dunt dunt" as you go around eating dots :)

As for games that rise above the rest for me, just to name a few I'd have to say Kaboom, Tapper, Keystone Kapers and H.E.R.O.

Edited by seanhq

Bezerk,Dragonfire,pitfall,Demon Attack,Atlantis,adventure,chopper command,frogger,ms pac-man,bowling

that are alot of good games for sure

Indeed, a nice list of games there. I too like Atlantis and Chopper Command. Activision put out some amazing games that's for sure.

My top five.

1. Yar's Revenge. AWESOME twitch game, will kick your thumb's asses, but man, it's SO well done.

2. Adventure. Replayability before there was such a thing!

3. Pitfall!. Can't go wrong with the original, and I always preferred this one to Pitfall II.

4. Kaboom!. Another classic twitcher, and this one gets BRUTAL later on, but you won't care.

5. Megamania. By far my favorite shooter on the 2600. Space hamburgers? Bring 'em on!