IGNORED

New Saturn Needed

Tempest

After much testing I've concluded that my good old Saturn model 1 is dying. It doesn't seem to want to play the late release games such as Magic Knight Rayearth and Burning Rangers. I think the problem has to do with the laser strength or the cheaper quality CD's that were used late in the Saturn's lifespan. Either way, I need a new Saturn.

I'm looking for a Model 2 (with the round power button) Saturn. I know they're fairly cheap on ebay (usually $30 or less), but I wanted to try through AA first before resorting to Ebay. I have some tradebait, but most of it got snapped up at Cinci (I only came home with one box). Most of what's left is odd ball stuff such as VideoBrain cartridges and Arcadia games, but there are some nice things left such as Kung-Fu Master for the 7800. If you have a Saturn for sale or trade, e-mail me and I'll try and work something out.

Tempest

I can keep my eyes open for one. I know where there may be a few I can get realatively cheeply.

EDIT: the local EB said about 30 or so for a Saturn(would have to go in to check if it is model 1 or 2) So maybe I' can talk to the MGR and weasel it down a bit if you are interested?

Well for $30 I can get one through a friend of mine (probably less) so I'll keep this in mind, but I'd rather give my friend the business (that sounds bad doesn't it?).

Your local EB carries Saturn stuff? Interesting... I can't even find a Funcoland that carries Saturn stuff. All the kiddies want is Nintendo crap...

Tempest

yeah my local Eb has just about everything from occasional 2600 and C64 up to Neo geo Pocket, 3DO, 32X, Game Gear and Saturn. it has a good selection, which is why I schmmmmmoooozzzeee the MGR so much, so that I get to see some of the "good stuff" that comes in on occasion

I have access to a bunch of Saturns, but they are priced at $40 and seem to all be the model 1's...funny, I always thought my model two was a model one and the oval buttoned Saturns were the newer ones... :ponder: