IGNORED

Trade your Atari games at...Toys R Us?

DaytonaUSA

If you want to see what your games are worth as trade ins at Toys R Us you can check this site:

http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/

Looks like 2600 games all get 50 cents each. Also, the games they take in as trades are sent to Gamers Factory for redistribution to other Toys R Us stores. Very few Toys R Us are selling the used games at this point. There has been confirmation of one store in Atlanta that is selling used games.

Out of curiosity, what are the selling the 2600 games for? I wonder if they are actually pricing the games based on rarity or selling them at a flat rate. If a flat rate, someone could stand to get a good deal on some rarer games.

Is it me or is it weird that major retailers are becoming high end pawn shops? (like Gamestop) What's even more odd is that the other end of the production chain wants us all in the DRM heavy downloadable content model as fast as possible. It's like I'm seeing the pattern of the comic book boom from way back when. I might be wrong, but if I'm not you heard it here first kiddies! :D

Of course, when you can't really 'own' a game is when I'm out of this crazy scene. Not like I don't have anything to play. :]

Hex.

[ Would rather give the AA homebrew scene 'donors' for $0.50 than get a gift card... <sigh> ]

Out of curiosity, what are the selling the 2600 games for? I wonder if they are actually pricing the games based on rarity or selling them at a flat rate. If a flat rate, someone could stand to get a good deal on some rarer games.

I'm not sure what the prices on the 2600 games are. I hear their prices on current gen stuff is about a few dollars less than the same game would cost new. I have checked a couple Toys R Us stores in my area and none are selling used games yet.

I'm not sure what the prices on the 2600 games are. I hear their prices on current gen stuff is about a few dollars less than the same game would cost new. I have checked a couple Toys R Us stores in my area and none are selling used games yet.

That wouldn't be bad for some things. I'll take a $49.99 boxed Q*Berts Qubes. :)

Tempest

Personally I wouldn't give them, or any other place for that matter, anything. While the offers for more modern stuff might look alright they're still $60 or so new right? But their prices for older stuff is ludicrous. 50 whole cents for ANY Atari cart. 20 cents for PS1 games. They'd be worth more as coasters for that. A nice shiny quarter for your Game Boy carts. Yeah, sure. I'd be willing to pay those prices all day for stuff. How about the grand sum of $6.05 for Ikaruga for the GC? No? I thought not. Anybody willing to sell their copy of Radiant Silvergun for 25 cents? C'mon that's a bargain. Hell, I'll double the offer. :D