IGNORED

What T.V. do you use?

Armonigann

Hello everyone.. I play all my retro games (NES,Sega Master,7800,Flashback 2) on a 13 inch 1984 Goldstar television that I bought from Goodwill for 2.12..I've played them all on bigger and better screens but I much prefer the Goldstar over all the rest. Including the 42 inch LCD flat screen(worst of all IMO for retro gaming) The sprites, gameplay,overall graphics, and even sound just seems to be much better on the old set. I don't know maybe its just the nostalgia of the whole ordeal. What T.V. do you guys play your retro games on??

Hello everyone.. I play all my retro games (NES,Sega Master,7800,Flashback 2) on a 13 inch 1984 Goldstar television that I bought from Goodwill for 2.12..I've played them all on bigger and better screens but I much prefer the Goldstar over all the rest. Including the 42 inch LCD flat screen(worst of all IMO for retro gaming) The sprites, gameplay,overall graphics, and even sound just seems to be much better on the old set. I don't know maybe its just the nostalgia of the whole ordeal. What T.V. do you guys play your retro games on??

I use a commodore 1802 monitor.

I use a 13-inch Samsung analog CRT television, model TXM1367. I had the good fortune of buying mine new just before it was discontinued, so it should last me for a good number of years.

I'm not sure what I'll do when I finally need a replacement TV since analog sets won't be readily available anymore. Some 7800 games (which use the 160 modes) look too "stretched" horizontally as it is because of the low horizontal resolution; I'm guessing that they--and most other classic consoles/computer games--would look really awful on a modern widescreen LCD HDTV.

Edited by jaybird3rd

36" RCA ColorTrack Plus.

And also a little 10" Panasonic Quintrix II, which is an incredible little portable with a great picture. Although that one does not have a 7800 hooked up to it, just a 130XE and 2600 jr. I like to keep all the small fries together.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my 7800 and a stack of games off ebay a few weeks ago. I haven't played Atari since my 2600 back in the early 80's and I was a little shocked at how chunky the graphics looked on my 42" LCD. Definately not what I remembered. So I pulled my old 19" RCA out of storage and now the games are what I was expecting. The 19" CRT rounds out the jagged edges just enough without making the picture fuzzy. I'm in retro gaming bliss.

PS. I tossed my 2600, 400 computer and carts back in the late 80's and I'm really kicking myself now. Good thing we have ebay.

Used to play on a 1975 Hitachi 27 inch CRT.It was one of those in a huge wooden cabinet that was more a piece of furniture than it was a TV,weighed a tonne too!It conked out for the 1st time 2 years ago.I bought a brand new ELECTROHOME 27 inch CRT which i use now.Haven't gotten around to throwing the old one out YET,the new one's on top of the old one!

Edited by Rik

42" Sony Video production monitor that I got from a Disney contract.

As many have said CRT's really look good on these! I have 7 systems hooked up to it for simple one stop viewing :cool:

LCD just didn't look as nice and a 100mhz wide screen was hated by the Dreamcast on house of the dead.

I game on a C=1701 monitor that I've had since 1997. It has composite and S video inputs which both get put to great use. I do not use the monaural audio.

Almost everything hooks through my Go Video DVD/VCR either through the Line 2 jacks or the RF jack on that. Audio is handled by a pair of very thin GE speakers and a four inch subwoofer. It's similar to the one in my Creative PC sound system. That one also has a tiny subwoofer, but it's enough to shake the floor when stuff blows up.

20 inch RCA "Truflat" with built in DVD player. It has two sets of cable ports, a seperate audio out, s-video, and RF. It is in my rec room in our old entertainment centre. It is the perfect set up. Any bigger or more fancy and it'd mess with the picture. Less hookups and it wouldn't be very plug and play ready. Any smaller and it'd be hard to see from he couch. No DVD player and I'd use a needed port (for watching stuff like Evil Dead that my wife won't watch). When it dies some day, I will be very sad. I already have two 13' ones as backups, but if I see something bigger at goodwill, I'll pick it up.