IGNORED

Wanted: Commodore 1702 Monitors for Portland show

Albert

Does anyone in the Portland area have one or more Commodore 1702 monitors I can borrow for the Portland Retro Gaming Expo? I can pick them up if you're not able to get to the show beforehand, and I can drop them off either late Sunday or early Monday, if you can't pick them up after the show ends.

Will also consider small (20" or smaller) televisions.

Thanks!

..Al

How about a Commodore 1902A? I don't think I have enough room in my booth to set up an demo systems so I won't be using it. I have a 1702 but I'm pretty sure something is wrong with or I would have been using it instead of the 1902A.

toby

Does anyone in the Portland area have one or more Commodore 1702 monitors I can borrow for the Portland Retro Gaming Expo? I can pick them up if you're not able to get to the show beforehand, and I can drop them off either late Sunday or early Monday, if you can't pick them up after the show ends.

Thanks!

..Al

How about a Commodore 1902A? I don't think I have enough room in my booth to set up an demo systems so I won't be using it. I have a 1702 but I'm pretty sure something is wrong with or I would have been using it instead of the 1902A.

What kind of inputs does the 1902A? One of the reasons I want 1702s is I have several 2600 systems modified with separate chroma and luminance output, which works perfectly with the 1702 (which has RCA jacks for both).

Thanks,

..Al

So the 1902A has composite A/V in but not separate chroma/luma. On a more positive not I tested my Commodore 1701 (thought it was a 1702) monitor and it seems to be working correctly. I used the A/V input in the front, I don't think I have anything with separate chroma/luma handy to test it with. Not sure what the difference between 1701 and 1702 is. Let me know if you want me to bring either or both of them.

toby

from here

http://staff.washington.edu/rrcc/

This NTSC monitor was made by Philips (NAP) and is very similar to the 1084.

It has an 8 pin DIN for digital (TTL) RGBI, RCA jacks for composite video and

audio, and a 6 pin DIN for split (Y/C) video and audio inputs.

Bastards!!

..Al

Thanks!

..Al

Al,

I have a couple I can bring. If Rick doesn't mind keeping them for a bit as I have to leave around 6ish to go back to Seattle, I also have S-video pigtails (RCA-to-Svideo) which would probably be a better option. I may be able to get some for you. They were about $7 a piece when I bought mine. They are worth keeping around just for this reason.

Take care,

-Lee

I have a couple I can bring. If Rick doesn't mind keeping them for a bit as I have to leave around 6ish to go back to Seattle, I also have S-video pigtails (RCA-to-Svideo) which would probably be a better option. I may be able to get some for you. They were about $7 a piece when I bought mine. They are worth keeping around just for this reason.

If you can bring those, that would be great, thanks! I have several 2600 systems and one 7800 system already modified with the appropriate chroma/luminance outputs explicitly for these 1702 monitors. The S-video pigtails would certainly be useful to have, I'd like to get my hands on some of those. Would make it easier to use those systems with normal televisions. I like the 1702 monitors though as they are fairly compact (at least compared to a normal CRT set) and have great output if you use the video inputs on the back. Plus the nice flat top makes it easy to stack them or put something else on top. :)

..Al

So the 1902A has composite A/V in but not separate chroma/luma. On a more positive not I tested my Commodore 1701 (thought it was a 1702) monitor and it seems to be working correctly. I used the A/V input in the front, I don't think I have anything with separate chroma/luma handy to test it with. Not sure what the difference between 1701 and 1702 is. Let me know if you want me to bring either or both of them.

If you can bring the 1701, I'd greatly appreciate it. :) I have no idea what the differences are between the 1701 and 1702.

Thanks!

..Al

Rick Weis has a couple I believe, and swlovinist has one I think. Albert, you may want to PM them. If they are not being used for other things, I'm sure they'd loan them to you.

I will be there late Sat and early Sun to help set up, so let me know if you need a hand.

Rick Weis has a couple I believe, and swlovinist has one I think. Albert, you may want to PM them. If they are not being used for other things, I'm sure they'd loan them to you.

I will be there late Sat and early Sun to help set up, so let me know if you need a hand.

Looks like right people have kindly committed to bringing four 1701/1702 monitors. I could also use a 20" television. My plan is to setup three 2600 systems and one 7800 on the 1702 monitors and setup a 7800 on a 20" television. I only have one 7800 system modified with the chroma/luminance outputs, so I can use an unmodified 7800 on a normal television. Having a backup 1702 would be good, though, and if there's room enough I could always setup another system (I will be bringing some extra systems just in case).

..Al