IGNORED

Harmony to be released at Portland Retrogaming Expo

batari

Batari and I are assembling the Harmony carts in my hotel room right now!! Here's the first labeled and tested cart!

post-3-125340219482_thumb.jpg

Get to batari's booth early because these will surely go fast!!!

..Al

Hey

I bought a copy of Harmony cartridge at the portland retro

I am trying right now, but no matter what I do, it keeps stock on this blue and red Yin-Yang thing

can I somehow get some instruction?

what kind of format should I format this memory card? Does that matter? I am on a MAC

Does it have a limitation on card size?

thanks,

Kyle

Hello,

I responded to your PM - the card needs to be formatted with a FAT filesystem. There limit on card size is 32 GB, so you should be fine there.

The Harmony needs a genuine SD card. MMC and RS-MMC cards may physically fit in the slot but may not work.

Batari and I are assembling the Harmony carts in my hotel room right now!! Here's the first labeled and tested cart!

..Al

Hey

I am trying right now, but no matter what I do, it keeps stock on this blue and red Yin-Yang thing

what kind of format should I format this memory card? Does that matter? I am on a MAC

thanks,

Kyle

HAHAHAHAH if the card is not formatted correctly it displays an blue and red Yin-Yang? Thats awesome!!!

. . . . better than the *&$@#*( blue screen I get at work every few days!!!

-Disjaukifa

..Al

Hey

thanks,

Kyle

HAHAHAHAH if the card is not formatted correctly it displays an blue and red Yin-Yang? Thats awesome!!!

-Disjaukifa

The yin-yang spinner indicates that the cart is busy. Sounds like it is waiting endlessly for the SD card.

We will release an instruction sheet soon.

-Disjaukifa

The yin-yang spinner indicates that the cart is busy. Sounds like it is waiting endlessly for the SD card.

We will release an instruction sheet soon.

Still that is better than some dull loading bar :cool:. Also just to double check I know the Harmony can do 2k, 4k, 8k, 8kSC, 16k, 16kSC, 32k, and 32kSC. The Melody will be able to do the same correct?

Thanks

-Disjaukifa

I recommend getting a video-modded 2600.

Or a new Atari 2600 clone with all new parts and modern hookups that I hope somebody will make within the next year or two. ;)

I wouldn't be buying any cloned 2600s or 2600s on a modern chip, although I may consider doing a video output upgrade on an old unit. I didn't even buy any Flashback units - Much of the fun for me is using only my three Heavy Sixers for 2600 games. They are sooo old they are antiques :), they are the first, the best, and the coolest Ataris! :D

Of course everyone's opinion will differ. ;)

I had the spinner on my cart and then reformatted it to FAT and everything was fine.

For the record, I am using a Sandisk microSD and an adapter. I have two of these and one worked, but the other did not. I am not sure what the difference is with them, as they appear identical. This cart is great! I have been playing lots of Supercharger games.

I tried it, and the FB2 does not work with the menu. The menu uses a Superchip-like bankswitching scheme, and Superchip carts do not work on the FB2. The Kroko cart uses a 3F-style menu but the FB2 doesn't work with 3F either.

Note that the menu issues are not a weakness of the Kroko cart or the Harmony but of the FB2. Trying to make the Harmony menu work on it would probably be futile. I recommend getting a video-modded 2600.

THANK YOU, now I have the answer I am looking for. In that case, I'll stick with my Krok, it is an awesome cart as well. Thanks batari!

Now that the Harmony is out, is anyone thinking it is the perfect time to make or buy a portable 2600? One massive multicart, an Atari the palm of your hand, what else could you want?

Yeah, I'd like a portable Atari 2600 clone with a large screen and an Atari 2600 clone for home use too.

• 1 year later...

the harmony cart is great! it works well with my modded FB2, though not all the roms work. about half. i took it off the TV and connected it to a 3.5 inch lcd for micro gaming fun.

one note. at first i couldnt get it to work. My flashback was being powered by a 9v battery. which worked well for the built in games but not carts. when i put in the harmony i got the spinning yin-yang. i thought thee was a prob with the card, but neh. it was low voltage from the battery. once i plugged in a power supply it worked fine. confused the heck out of me.

so note, the FB2 uses very little power with the built in games. soo little that a 9v battery will power it for DAYS. but add a cart and things get heavy. and the harmony will just spin the logo..

I want to get another FB2, put it inside an old 2600 case, with real switches and put the cart in the right spot. Then put speakers, and the power supply wall wart built into the case. and then ad a 3.5inch or larger LCD to the case as well, as a pop-up, or just flat on the case. that way the whole thing, screen and all, is in a 2600 case.. only supply AC power. oh, and ill move the controller ports to the front. not authentic, but an improvement.

Ide like to make a switch extension as well. something that plugs in and looks like an atari controller, but just manages the switches from a more remote location. in case you are plugged into the tv. though with my all in one system it wouldnt matter as much.

i think its a good idea. but i havent the funds to do it for myself till i can repair more 2600s. so if someone else wants one. soldering a FB2 isnt THAT hard, and switches and ports can be had new. dead 2600 cases are cheap, and 3.5inch screens arent that expensive either.