IGNORED

If Atari were to release a new ST/E etc today, what would you want it to be

Following on frim the recent news that sega is apparently/allegedly re-entering the hardware market (dreamcast 2, see thread posted elsewhere in AA), it begs the above or following question

If Atari were to release a new ST/E/falcon etc today, what would you want it to be

would you want it to be upgraded in anyway (i.e extending the sound/gfx capabilities or more memory or better processor)

would you want it compatible (if going down the upgraded/updated hardware route) with the existing ST/E/falcon hardware/games etc

would you want it compatible with another computer system, like A8/Mac/Amiga etc

what launch title(s) or game(s) would you want to see on it's first day of launch

How much would you pay for the hardware (i.e the physical games system)

how much would you pay for the games software (dependant on media format)

what media format would you want the games to appear in...i.e tradit. floppy format, hd/cd/dvd, usb/cf/sd mem. memory card format or a combination of the previously mentioned formats

would you expect the new system to come with accessories as part of the purchase (i.e joystick/joypad and free game etc)

Would you support ANY new software devlopment (i.e buying new ST/E/Falcon content/games)

a MUST for me, would be detachable keyboard like the Mega series...

i would very much welcome a MegaSTe/TT case.

hardware wise, ST compatibilty would be much desired, though with current technology that can be achieved with a separate circuit and independent boot... then TT or Falcon capable hardware or higher with expansion possibilites...

storage and games could be in memory card format, though that would make it support dependent...

yes, i would buy software and support development.

hardware wise, higher than 200$ would put me off...

It would be DOA. The ship has sailed.

I think Fletch nailed that one on the head. You are more likely to get hit by lightening than Atari ever doing anything like that.

yeah... i kinda got the feeling we were in a "what if..." scenario... wishfull thinking, etc....

it´s human nature, no? otherwise, why would we examine history "what if WWII didn´t happen or hitler won, etc"...

my rational mind tells me "never gonna happen", my heart tells me what i would like it to be... is that so bad?

yeah... i kinda got the feeling we were in a "what if..." scenario... wishfull thinking, etc....

it´s human nature, no? otherwise, why would we examine history "what if WWII didn´t happen or hitler won, etc"...

my rational mind tells me "never gonna happen", my heart tells me what i would like it to be... is that so bad?

Since the name "Atari" was sold to some company that has no clue whatsoever about computers, that makes its even less likely. There is at least one STE clone available now, and another clone on the way, so its not impossible to relive the nostalgia. Just don't expect it to ever be shipped from a company called "Atari". ;)

Since the name "Atari" was sold to some company that has no clue whatsoever about computers, that makes its even less likely. There is at least one STE clone available now, and another clone on the way, so its not impossible to relive the nostalgia. Just don't expect it to ever be shipped from a company called "Atari". ;)

Well we will get a new "Atari" soon and it will be a really great piece of hardware!

Look at: http://acp.atari.org/

This to be released (and SuperVIDEL and CTPCI for my Falcon) is all I need for the moment ;)