IGNORED

What is your favorite Atari 2600 Console?

disjaukifa

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Atari 2600 Console???

• Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer (Sunnyvale)
    • Atari 2600 6 Switch (Hong Kong Model)
    • Atari 2600A 4 Switch Wood Panel
    • Atari 2600 Darth Vader (Aka Black Model)
    • Atari 2600 Jr
    • Sears Video Arcade 6 Switches (Sears version of Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer)
    • Sears Video Arcade 4 Switches (Sears version of Atari 2600 4 Switch)
    • Sears Video Arcade II (Sears version of Atari 2600 Jr)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what everyone's favorite 2600 console. I didn't include the clones in the list or the Flashbacks because well there is a ton of clones and the flashbacks can't play original carts.

I would have to say my favorite would be the 2600 Heavy Sixer. I just seems the most durable and I just love how solid it feels.

Cosmetically I like the 2600 Jr, but I hate using, I always feel like I am going to snap it in half.

Lets hear what your favorite 2600 Console and why!!!

-Disjaukifa

I voted for the Sears Video Arcade II, because I happen to have one of these interesting items in my collection. In the poll, you describe them as the "Sears version of Atari 2600 Jr." However, they'd be better described as the "Sears version of the Atari 2800 (the 2800 was only released in Japan)."

The 2800 case is actually very similar to the 7800.

Not that it really matters for the purpose of your poll...

I voted for the Sears Video Arcade II, because I happen to have one of these interesting items in my collection. In the poll, you describe them as the "Sears version of Atari 2600 Jr." However, they'd be better described as the "Sears version of the Atari 2800 (the 2800 was only released in Japan)."

The 2800 case is actually very similar to the 7800.

Not that it really matters for the purpose of your poll...

Really??? Honestly I did not know that!!! Thanks for the information!!! Learn something new everyday!!! If an admin could update the poll that would be fanatistic, I just tried but it said I didn't have permission. I guess I should have add the Atari 2800 as well . . .

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

Thanks to everyone that has replied!!!! Its interesting to see why people like the consoles they do!!! I have to admit I thought their would be more votes for the Darth Vader Atari . . . . guess I was wrong!!! I have found it interesting the comments about the Atari Jr. and the Sears Video Arcade II, those have been interesting!!!

Keep the votes coming!!!

Thanks

Disjaukifa

The Vader is on my nice list, but below the Jr. is the heavy sixer because of the curved front bottom. Curved bottoms are always nice :!: But I digress. I had a Vader for a long time, though, but it loses points cause a lot of other electronic stuff is all black.

Edited by nathanallan

Heavy sixer, it is the toughest and has the best picture in my opinion.

I've only had heavy 6-switchers, back in the early 80's when I got my first (used) 2600 and the two others I got about 10 years ago. Flawless, dependable, and loaded with nostalgia.

I hate to break it to you, but that is a light sixer.

There was a Tawain Heavy Sixer by the way. For one month in July Atari continued to make the heavy sixer while in Taiwan. This quickly became the light sixer, but they foreign made Heavy Sixer does exist. I should know since I have one. I also have the American made one as well! :cool:

See all this good information, stuff you learn every day, its fantastic!!!

Thanks for all your your replies keep them coming!!!

-Disjaukifa

since you don't let me choose my dactar 007 maletta, it will be the heavysixer of course ;)

I've never heard of that, just googled that and it looks like one very interesting system!!!! I've never seen it or heard of it before!!! I have to admit, I am supprised that now one has voted for the Sears Video Arcade 6 or 4 switcher.

-Disjaukifa

My favorite 2600 console is a 7800, since it can also play 7800 games, but I suppose that doesn't count. I picked the Jr. because it's so small and sleek and portable.

HAHAH yeah, if I had allowed the 7800 I think just about everyone would have picked it.

-Disjaukifa

I have to admit, I am supprised that now one has voted for the Sears Video Arcade 6 or 4 switcher.

-Disjaukifa

because they're nice, but not as cool as the heavysixer when it comes to design ... after all it is just a ripoff of the original and the woodgrain just looks better on the original heavysixer ...